Windows 10: My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

Discus and support My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dylan2342, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Dylan2342 Win User

My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his name, but the background is back to the standard background, all his settings are reset to default, and his files and programs are hidden away. I say this because if he goes to "my documents" none of the files are there. If he goes to the C drive and clicks on users, his name, documents, then everything is there. It's strange to me that it appears that he is under his user name but not. I thank you for your time in reading this. This may be a common problem but I didn't even know how to word it to even search it.

:)

Dylan2342, Dec 1, 2020

2. Computer isnt logging in

Hi Nazuali,

To better understand the issue you're experiencing on your computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using your Microsoft account when signing in to your computer?
    • How did you sign out your computer?
    • Can you also tell us the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to you r reply.

Michelle Vil, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 1, 2020
  4. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

Huge problem - My Microsoft account was added to a friends computer as THE ONLY account

Hi,

If you've unintentionally added your Microsoft account to a different computer, you have the option to remove it by simply signing in to your Microsoft account. Here's how you can do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
      here.
    • Click your friend's computer name under Devices.
    • Select Remove PC.

By doing the steps above, your friend will lose his access to the entire account and will be asked by the system to create a new one. He'll no longer be able to access all files and apps your account currently has.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

1. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account - Similar Threads - friend logged computer

2. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  3. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  4. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Family friend cannot log into his Lenovo Laptop due to mis-typing his email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family friend cannot log into his Lenovo Laptop due to mis-typing his email address.: Hi all,Hope you are safe and well!A family friend of mine unfortunately locked himself out of his personal laptop last week and cannot get past the login stages when you first boot up your computer or laptop.Prior to this, he was prompted to create a pin by...
  6. Family friend cannot log into his Lenovo Laptop due to mis-typing his email address.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Family friend cannot log into his Lenovo Laptop due to mis-typing his email address.: Hi all,Hope you are safe and well!A family friend of mine unfortunately locked himself out of his personal laptop last week and cannot get past the login stages when you first boot up your computer or laptop.Prior to this, he was prompted to create a pin by...
  7. Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email: So, I have been using my pc for over a year now. I have logged onto everything with my email, let’s call it k@, from the Xbox companion app to the mail app, everything Microsoft related. I log out of my Xbox companion app to let my brother for once go one and talk to his...
  8. My friend having problems with his PC

My friend having problems with his PC: As you can see in the video, the apps on his desktop keep changing size and his mouse starts vibrating and sometimes loses control entirely. Apperantly this also happens when he's in google chrome though I'm not sure if they're related. He's tried restarting his PC, changing...
  9. Friend is giving me his motherboard

Friend is giving me his motherboard: From what I know and have read, Win 10 is tied to the motherboard. If I inherit his motherboard, changing a lot of other things, will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 license or can I just reactivate the one tied to his old motherboard? submitted by /u/MeekMillMorty...
  10. my friend has problem with his pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my friend has problem with his pc: Hello, my name is Ibrahim my friend has strange problem when he use his pc show many icon bug on screen like next image [ATTACH] after that bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I have search about bluescreen but I don't find anything for windows 10 Anyone has the solution....