Windows 10: My friend set up a computer for me - it is logged into his Microsoft account. It says I am...

Discus and support My friend set up a computer for me - it is logged into his Microsoft account. It says I am... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This "friend" built a computer for me I paid him, and this person has been doing some sketchy things recently, and I do not want to be targeted, since... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by splinter123, Apr 26, 2020.

1. My friend set up a computer for me - it is logged into his Microsoft account. It says I am...

This "friend" built a computer for me I paid him, and this person has been doing some sketchy things recently, and I do not want to be targeted, since he works in hardware and I'm thinking it was set up like this so he can have full surveillance of my files. Can anyone give me some advice, or help me out?

:)

splinter123, Apr 26, 2020

2. Huge problem - My Microsoft account was added to a friends computer as THE ONLY account

Hi,

If you've unintentionally added your Microsoft account to a different computer, you have the option to remove it by simply signing in to your Microsoft account. Here's how you can do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
      here.
    • Click your friend's computer name under Devices.
    • Select Remove PC.

By doing the steps above, your friend will lose his access to the entire account and will be asked by the system to create a new one. He'll no longer be able to access all files and apps your account currently has.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Computer prompting to enter Microsoft password after logging in the Microsof account into Xbox one app.

Hi Chris,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings and use account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "now requires a password to access it's my Microsoft password", are you logged in as Local Account in the Desktop computer prior automatic changing to Microsoft Account?
    • When you say that "i have work laptop, HP, NOT on home network", are you logged in as Microsoft Account in the Work laptop?

If you were logged in as Local Account and then it has been changed into Microsoft Account. In that case, I suggest you to try to sign in back to Local Account through steps below and check if it helps.

• Select the Start
      My friend set up a computer for me - it is logged into his Microsoft account. It says I am... [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Your account.

• Select Sign in with a Local Account Instead.

• Follow the prompts to switch to a Local Account. Verify the Local Account's user name and password.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with automatic changing to Microsoft Account in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 26, 2020
  4. angus Win User

My friend set up a computer for me - it is logged into his Microsoft account. It says I am...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

My friend set up a computer for me - it is logged into his Microsoft account. It says I am...

1. My friend set up a computer for me - it is logged into his Microsoft account. It says I am... - Similar Threads - friend set computer

2. I used my friend's computer and now his account is linked to my email address. Under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used my friend's computer and now his account is linked to my email address. Under...: I used my friend's computer Window 10 and now his local account on his desktop is linked to my email address. Under account settings, my email is registered as an administrator.How do I remove my email linked to my Microsoft account from his computer?...
  3. Minecraft keeps saying my account is set up to not allow me to join my friends realm and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft keeps saying my account is set up to not allow me to join my friends realm and...: Help I need help changing it I keep getting redirected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-keeps-saying-my-account-is-set-up-to-not/ee475ca7-83ec-4660-bf25-64fcd930389c
  4. Minecraft keeps saying my account is set up to not allow me to join my friends realm and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft keeps saying my account is set up to not allow me to join my friends realm and...: Help I need help changing it I keep getting redirected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-keeps-saying-my-account-is-set-up-to-not/ee475ca7-83ec-4660-bf25-64fcd930389c
  5. I am logged in to one of my uncles friend son's account and i am thinking to log it out to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am logged in to one of my uncles friend son's account and i am thinking to log it out to...: I have my uncle's friend's son who used this laptop and it is now logged in to this laptop I don't know the password because I don't know them and I really want to change this account to my new account so that I won't have any notifications to sign in. Will all my apps,...
  6. I am logged in to one of my uncles friend son's account and i am thinking to log it out to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am logged in to one of my uncles friend son's account and i am thinking to log it out to...: I have my uncle's friend's son who used this laptop and it is now logged in to this laptop I don't know the password because I don't know them and I really want to change this account to my new account so that I won't have any notifications to sign in. Will all my apps,...
  7. why did my log in details for microsoft account turn up on my G/friends computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why did my log in details for microsoft account turn up on my G/friends computer?: My Girlfriend got a new computer, we set it up, we use the same broadband, and when we went to set up her microsoft account all my log in details came up on where she should log in, we have different email addresses but mine automatically went on to the new one we were...
  8. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account: I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his name, but the background is back to the standard background, all his settings are reset to default, and his files and programs...
  9. I need help changing settings on Microsoft Family Account Settings so that me and my friend...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help changing settings on Microsoft Family Account Settings so that me and my friend...: So I need help changing settings on Microsoft Family Account Settings so that me and my friend called Marcus can play Minecraft for Windows 10 together, but when I go to aka.ms/accountsettings and follow the instructions it only contains solutions that help ONLY when I'm...
  10. Friend is giving me his motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend is giving me his motherboard: From what I know and have read, Win 10 is tied to the motherboard. If I inherit his motherboard, changing a lot of other things, will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 license or can I just reactivate the one tied to his old motherboard? submitted by /u/MeekMillMorty...