Windows 10: My friend used Optimization Files that caused a huge drop in performance on his PC, would a...

Discus and support My friend used Optimization Files that caused a huge drop in performance on his PC, would a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So My friend asked me recently, We both have PC's and game together daily ( We are both huge PC Noobs ) and He told me He came across some Youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_godly_seed, Nov 29, 2020.

1. My friend used Optimization Files that caused a huge drop in performance on his PC, would a...

So My friend asked me recently, We both have PC's and game together daily ( We are both huge PC Noobs ) and He told me He came across some Youtube Videos with "improved Performance Boost" and "Optimization Files" so after most comments said it worked He decided to download them and activate them on his PC etc. They should lower ping, latency and boost FPS etc. and everything the Optimization Video was about and recently his PC Performance dropped a lot and He thinks it's because of those Files He used, but we both don't know. He decided to ask ( I told him i'll ask the question here ) If A full windows 10 reset would put his PC back to the point like it never used those Files and get the PC back to its normal state. Ofc stuff He downloaded will disappear but thats not a problem He said.

submitted by /u/the_godly_seed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_godly_seed, Nov 29, 2020

2. Is it possible to disable file execution from drag and drop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to check if you can copy or paste the same files. Follow the below steps.

• Check if you can copy and paste.
    • Right click on the file select copy and paste the file in the drop box.
    Or you can also use the following step:

• Select the file press Ctrl + C.
    • Go to the drop box press Ctrl + V.
    If it is working fine, I suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if there are any corrupted files in the system causing the issue.

Method 1: Run SFC Scan

Click on the below link and follow the procedure to perform a SFC Scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, as a work around, download and install the latest display drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Huge frame drops

Hello,

I am an Independent Advisor. May I know the game name and graphic card specifications ?

Meanwhile, go through below steps.

1. Right click on the game .exe file.

2. Click on Comparability Tab and click “Disable Fullscreen Optimization.”

3. Apply it and then restart the game.

Also, if you're playing a multiplayer game then the frame drops can be caused due to unstable network connection.

Game Mode helps create the best possible gaming experience on Windows 10. Go through below link for a complete guide.

Link -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/402829...

Thank You My friend used Optimization Files that caused a huge drop in performance on his PC, would a... :)

Sourav

SouravBehera, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

My friend used Optimization Files that caused a huge drop in performance on his PC, would a...

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

My friend used Optimization Files that caused a huge drop in performance on his PC, would a...

1. My friend used Optimization Files that caused a huge drop in performance on his PC, would a... - Similar Threads - friend used Optimization

2. Sudden Pc Performance Drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Pc Performance Drop: Hey,I used to Be able to Play Fortnite, Valorant, Gta V in mid settings without any slutter or FPS drop but nowadays whenever i try to play such titles my Game Sluttrers a lot even in the lowest possible settings, it gives fps but slutters a lot and i was also able to do...
  3. Huge performance drop on laptop after update KB5003173

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Huge performance drop on laptop after update KB5003173: Hello,After an overnight update which was KB5003173, my laptop is dramatically slow. Navigating websites has slowed down dramatically, desktop apps are stuttering , laptop freezes sometimes even the startup is extremely slow. Games fall below 30 FPS. This behavior was not...
  4. Huge performance drop after clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huge performance drop after clean install of Windows 10: Hey guys. Last night I finally made the leap from windows 7 to windows 10. For the most part I'm not having any issues except for a massive drop of 30-50 frames in most games. I'm developing a game in Unreal Engine and my project would always run between 110-120 fps before...
  5. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account: I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his name, but the background is back to the standard background, all his settings are reset to default, and his files and programs...
  6. My friend having problems with his PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend having problems with his PC: As you can see in the video, the apps on his desktop keep changing size and his mouse starts vibrating and sometimes loses control entirely. Apperantly this also happens when he's in google chrome though I'm not sure if they're related. He's tried restarting his PC, changing...
  7. Sudden drop in my PC performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden drop in my PC performance.: I have an hp laptop with intel i5 8th gen, 8 gb ram, amd radeon R7 M340, windows 10. I usually use my laptop for playing games. Few weeks back my laptop started slowing down, i tired to fix it by deleting closing some background apps and deletind some applications i do not...
  8. my friend has problem with his pc

my friend has problem with his pc: Hello, my name is Ibrahim my friend has strange problem when he use his pc show many icon bug on screen like next image [ATTACH] after that bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I have search about bluescreen but I don't find anything for windows 10 Anyone has the solution....
  9. Optimize my computer's performance

Optimize my computer's performance: My computer runs too slower, how to make my computer faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optimize-my-computers-performance/582d6fdb-8842-4189-8ca8-c0afbef0fea7
  10. Drop in overall PC performance

Drop in overall PC performance: Hello So a while ago i had a problem where after a bluescreen, my pc refused to boot. I took it for repairs and i got told it was an electrical issue in the power box. It was replaced and i thought it was the end of it. But since then my PC's performance noticeably...