Windows 10: My friend’s laptop can’t find our wifi. It is able to find other networks though.

Discus and support My friend’s laptop can’t find our wifi. It is able to find other networks though. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So we just got a new modem from xfinity, and my buddy’s laptop is the only device that cant seem to find it. It can locate other wireless networks, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/overlandyellow, Sep 22, 2020.

1. My friend’s laptop can’t find our wifi. It is able to find other networks though.

So we just got a new modem from xfinity, and my buddy’s laptop is the only device that cant seem to find it. It can locate other wireless networks, but not our network?

How can we fix this? We’ve tried updating drivers, etc.

submitted by /u/overlandyellow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/overlandyellow, Sep 22, 2020
  2. sun_neo_s Win User

Nokia C3-00 : Not able to detect WIFI on laptop created adHoc network.

My nokia C3 is able to connect to and detect many WIFI networks, But its not able to detect the adhoc wifi of my laptop, I have tried same on my friends laptop also & the problem is same, My friends E series nokia mobile was able to detect on both occasions,
    Is it a bug or Nokia C3 does not support it??

sun_neo_s, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Sep 22, 2020
  4. karyeowl Win User

My friend’s laptop can’t find our wifi. It is able to find other networks though.

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

My friend’s laptop can’t find our wifi. It is able to find other networks though.

1. My friend’s laptop can’t find our wifi. It is able to find other networks though. - Similar Threads - friend’s laptop can’t

2. Can’t find personal Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t find personal Wifi: I am not able to connect to my Xfinity Wi-Fi but I am able to see my neighbors Wi-Fi. I have a dell OptiPlex 7040 and it runs on windows 10. I have tried resetting the driver and also resetting network settings, but I am still not able to see my Wi-Fi....
  3. Can’t find personal Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t find personal Wifi: I am not able to connect to my Xfinity Wi-Fi but I am able to see my neighbors Wi-Fi. I have a dell OptiPlex 7040 and it runs on windows 10. I have tried resetting the driver and also resetting network settings, but I am still not able to see my Wi-Fi....
  4. Can’t find personal Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.

My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.: last night it was connecting to wifi, now it can’t connect and then it stopped finding any, saying no Wi-fi networks found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-stopped-finding-any-wifi-networks/48486c0b-040f-4860-80b9-d844bd103dee
  6. My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.

My laptop stopped finding any wifi networks.: last night it was connecting to wifi, now it can’t connect and then it stopped finding any, saying no Wi-fi networks found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-stopped-finding-any-wifi-networks/48486c0b-040f-4860-80b9-d844bd103dee
  7. My windows 10 laptop suddenly can’t connect or find any wifi networks and the network...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 laptop suddenly can’t connect or find any wifi networks and the network...: I’ve had this laptop for about 9 months with no serious problems. Without being dropped or hit in any way it suddenly can’t connect to the wifi. The network troubleshooter recommended a “networking reset” which I tried but didn’t work. Is there anything I can try or is this a...
  8. My windows 10 laptop suddenly can’t connect or find any wifi networks and the network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 laptop suddenly can’t connect or find any wifi networks and the network...: I’ve had this laptop for about 9 months with no serious problems. Without being dropped or hit in any way it suddenly can’t connect to the wifi. The network troubleshooter recommended a “networking reset” which I tried but didn’t work. Is there anything I can try or is this a...
  9. My windows 10 laptop suddenly can’t connect or find any wifi networks and the network...

10. Not able to find Wifi

Not able to find Wifi: I'm not able to find and connect to the Wi-fi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-find-wifi/2b10220a-cd07-43c0-8a9c-048b367f9f51