Windows 10: my friends pc got a pitch black scrren its a laptop will Win+Ctrl+Shift+B work for her?

Discus and support my friends pc got a pitch black scrren its a laptop will Win+Ctrl+Shift+B work for her? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; please answer submitted by /u/Lost_Trifle_9343 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lost_Trifle_9343, Apr 12, 2021.

1. my friends pc got a pitch black scrren its a laptop will Win+Ctrl+Shift+B work for her?

/u/Lost_Trifle_9343, Apr 12, 2021

2. Black screen printing wingdings with high pitched tone.

Hello,

Black screen printing wingdings with high pitched tone can be due to outdated drivers. This can also be connected to hardware issue. For us to isolate and identify
    if this is a hardware or software issue, we suggest to perform the Windows Hardware Troubleshooter.

To access the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Apr 12, 2021
  3. CTRL:+WIN+C doesn't work -

CTRL:+WIN+C doesn't work - documentation indicates that this will display only black&white. Any suggestions as a friend with Macular needed to use Windows 10 without color.

Joe Murdock

losgatosjoe, Apr 12, 2021
  4. MxYz Pdlk Win User

my friends pc got a pitch black scrren its a laptop will Win+Ctrl+Shift+B work for her?

Monitor goes black - Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B

For anyone having a display adapter keep dropping a second monitor and you know it should be there do Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B.

That is a shortcut to refresh your display adapters. It will appear to freeze a moment (or go black on all monitors) but it is refreshing the graphic driver.

Here is my experience:

Problem - i have two setups. One with Windows 10 installed directly (personal) and one with Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 (work).

Both are the same model and both use the same docking station. Many co-workers and friends have this same issue where Display 2 goes black.

This seems to happen when the display is idle for too long... For me, at home i use two monitors off the dock - sometimes 3 with the LTop open.

At work, i use three monitors off the docking station directly - Windows 7 never did this but Win10 always has...

For some reason as well it is ALWAYS adapter 2 - never 1, never 3 - just display 2. Clearly there is info there as the mouse travels a distance from 1 to 3 or when just two, the pointer does not stop at the edge - it goes somewhere...

For those who remember, you can do "desk.cpl" to get to the display settings quickly. Right now i was idle for too long away from my laptop & yup, once again, monitor 2 is displaying a black screen. I opened desk.cpl and of course it is on monitor 2 and
    i cannot see it. Ctrl+Space+M and then move the display to monitor 1 or 2 fine... it detects all three monitors but only 1 and 3 identify - even though it shows a number 2 (funny - number 2 is windows 10).

Even refreshing (Ctrl+R or F5) does not resolve this.

A reboot always resolves this but we shouldn't have to do that.

A quicker fix until there is a fix from MicroSoft for this is to do "Windows +Ctrl+Shift+B" - this reloads the graphics driver.

This will appear to freeze or cause all monitors to go black while it is reloading (only takes a couple seconds) - BAM! Monitor 2 is back displaying again.

Side note: Power users familiar with "Shift+Right Click" to perform "run as another user" notice that while the TaskBar & other areas still have this function, someone forgot to add that to the "start" area. Folks are grouping items there for "ease of use"
    but then cannot do that - it's an easy reg hack to add it to that area - google it.

MxYz Pdlk, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

my friends pc got a pitch black scrren its a laptop will Win+Ctrl+Shift+B work for her?

1. my friends pc got a pitch black scrren its a laptop will Win+Ctrl+Shift+B work for her? - Similar Threads - friends got pitch

2. CTRL SHIFT WIN B graphics card reset causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL SHIFT WIN B graphics card reset causing BSOD: Just like the other guy who didn't have a solution for his BSOD. I am getting the same on a specific laptop and this is the only laptop having problems from sleep or hibernate. Graphics slowdown / glitches. Had this laptop replaced already. The first one had even worse...
  3. CTRL SHIFT WIN B graphics card reset causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL SHIFT WIN B graphics card reset causing BSOD: Just like the other guy who didn't have a solution for his BSOD. I am getting the same on a specific laptop and this is the only laptop having problems from sleep or hibernate. Graphics slowdown / glitches. Had this laptop replaced already. The first one had even worse...
  4. black screen - ctrl shift win b schows screen for 1 sec before black again

black screen - ctrl shift win b schows screen for 1 sec before black again: black screen - ctrl shift win b schows screen for 1 sec before black againSystem:Lenovo ThinkPad X1Windows 11 Pro Insider ProgrammInstalled new Intel display driver since then the problem occured.Unfortunately the Bit-Locker recovery key I stored is outdated*****moved from...
  5. black screen - ctrl shift win b schows screen for 1 sec before black again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen - ctrl shift win b schows screen for 1 sec before black again: black screen - ctrl shift win b schows screen for 1 sec before black againSystem:Lenovo ThinkPad X1Windows 11 Pro Insider ProgrammInstalled new Intel display driver since then the problem occured.Unfortunately the Bit-Locker recovery key I stored is outdated*****moved from...
  6. Shift+Ctrl Not Working WIN 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+Ctrl Not Working WIN 11: Laptop Model: Asus TUF F15 FX507ZRStart using Windows 11 in this new laptop, but the Shift + Ctrl shortcut is not working at all.Looked through the community and the web for answers, but nothing solid. I do found some members who have the same problem, who so happens to use...
  7. Shift+Ctrl Not Working WIN 11

Shift+Ctrl Not Working WIN 11: Laptop Model: Asus TUF F15 FX507ZRStart using Windows 11 in this new laptop, but the Shift + Ctrl shortcut is not working at all.Looked through the community and the web for answers, but nothing solid. I do found some members who have the same problem, who so happens to use...
  8. Windows logs into a black screen, ctrl shift win b, and ctrl alt del won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows logs into a black screen, ctrl shift win b, and ctrl alt del won't work: Currently posting from a phone. Not sure why this happens but when I do ctrl shift win b, it just comes up with "the tablet driver isn't running". I have had lots of problems with the Wacom tablet driver, like errors at startup stuff like that. This is a new one though,...
  9. Windows logs into a black screen, ctrl shift win b, and ctrl alt del won't work

Windows logs into a black screen, ctrl shift win b, and ctrl alt del won't work: Currently posting from a phone. Not sure why this happens but when I do ctrl shift win b, it just comes up with "the tablet driver isn't running". I have had lots of problems with the Wacom tablet driver, like errors at startup stuff like that. This is a new one though,...
  10. Monitor goes black - Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor goes black - Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B: For anyone having a display adapter keep dropping a second monitor and you know it should be there do Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B. That is a shortcut to refresh your display adapters. It will appear to freeze a moment (or go black on all monitors) but it is refreshing the graphic...