Windows 10: My front-facing camera can't work?

Discus and support My front-facing camera can't work? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im using lenovo ideapad 520s. A sign of camera with a slash shows up when i open windows camera app. THe same thing occured after i installed other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Heng ZM, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Heng ZM Win User

My front-facing camera can't work?

Im using lenovo ideapad 520s. A sign of camera with a slash shows up when i open windows camera app. THe same thing occured after i installed other camera apps and opened them. What should I do?

:)

Heng ZM, Sep 30, 2019

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Front facing camera is completely gone

Hi Shawn,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any hardware and software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Also open Device manager and click on View and select
    Show hidden devices and check if you are able to find front Camera;
    Hoover mouse point and click on Scan for hardware changes.

Do let us know if front facing camera starts working. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Face recognition not working.

Hi,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. One factor is outdated drivers for the camera. To isolate the
    issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Does face recognition works perfectly before?

• Have you checked for the latest driver update available on your manufacturer's website?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. My front-facing camera can't work? - Similar Threads - front facing camera

2. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front camera is not working: front camera is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-is-not-working/929b20cc-f30c-4473-aa64-13825ed11b08
  3. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front camera is not working: front camera is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-camera-is-not-working/929b20cc-f30c-4473-aa64-13825ed11b08
  4. front camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working: Hi, My Surface Pro 8 front facing camera is not working. Taking a picture with it on Camera app gives the 0xa00f4292 photocapturestarttimeout error, and pic/video function, doesn't work on the app or on any other app eg Teams. The rear camera works fine completely. I've...
  6. Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working

Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working: Hi, My Surface Pro 8 front facing camera is not working. Taking a picture with it on Camera app gives the 0xa00f4292 photocapturestarttimeout error, and pic/video function, doesn't work on the app or on any other app eg Teams. The rear camera works fine completely. I've...
  7. my camera has issue when opening it,:"FRONT FACING CAMERA"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera has issue when opening it,:"FRONT FACING CAMERA": CAMERA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-has-issue-when-opening-itfront-facing/ca6ca7c0-6c01-44e5-8ae5-37b6ad01b022
  8. my camera has issue when opening it,:"FRONT FACING CAMERA"

my camera has issue when opening it,:"FRONT FACING CAMERA": CAMERA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-has-issue-when-opening-itfront-facing/ca6ca7c0-6c01-44e5-8ae5-37b6ad01b022
  9. Front facing camera doesn't work on my Diretk-tek 331

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Front facing camera doesn't work on my Diretk-tek 331: I upgraded to windows 10 version 1909 and now my internal camera and fingerprint doesn't work. Any help. Ive tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-facing-camera-doesnt-work-on-my-diretk-tek/26d05108-7a11-416f-b031-0658db830673
  10. Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go: Hello, Amongst all applications that utilize cameras, the only option I am provided with is use of the rear camera. This includes the Camera App, as well as Zoom video conferences, and Skype. I've done some sleuthing on the matter -- tried updating drivers and straight up...