Windows 10: My fullscreen applications won't open correctly.

Discus and support My fullscreen applications won't open correctly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open any fullscreen applications it only shows an empty screen, the audio from the application still works and I can hear my mouse on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joao Pedro Ramos, Jun 17, 2021.

1. My fullscreen applications won't open correctly.

When I try to open any fullscreen applications it only shows an empty screen, the audio from the application still works and I can hear my mouse on the application itselft. I can also see the software running in the task manager, I have tried with many different games/.exe's but it keeps happening every single time. It have tried putting "-w"/"-window" in the shortcut properties of the application but it still doesn't work. I have tried to "inside upgrade" my Windows as said on the tech support on the Windows Discord server, but nothings changed. I have reset all of my configurations from Inte

:)

Joao Pedro Ramos, Jun 17, 2021

2. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

Right click the application shortcut, select Properties. Select the Shortcut tab and choose how you want to open the application:

My fullscreen applications won't open correctly. [​IMG]

• Normal window = Opens the application window in same size it was when last time closed, full screen only if the application was last closed when full screen
    • Minimized = Opens the application but minimizes it to taskbar without showing the application window on desktop
    • Maximized = Opens the application window always maximized, regardless if it was windowed or full screen when last time closed

4. mrsclapp3 Win User

My fullscreen applications won't open correctly.

Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

Kari - Do you have to do that for every shortcut? I did it and most of my windows still aren't opening as Maximized... *Sad

mrsclapp3, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

My fullscreen applications won't open correctly.

1. My fullscreen applications won't open correctly. - Similar Threads - fullscreen applications won't

2. Games won't open in Fullscreen Mode, but they used to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games won't open in Fullscreen Mode, but they used to: Hello, The other day my PC stopped being able to open games solely on fullscreen, when I try they freeze/ don't load up on a black screen sometimes I can hear the audio of the game for example Armored core 6, Monster Hunter World, Leauge of Legends. These games used to open...
  3. My xbox application will not open up correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My xbox application will not open up correctly: So for the past 4 hours I have been trying to get into my xbox application on my pc to play a game, but every time I open it, it just loads and never lets me do anything. The work around gets me into the application but it won't let me sign in, install, or play anything at...
  4. My xbox application will not open up correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My xbox application will not open up correctly: So for the past 4 hours I have been trying to get into my xbox application on my pc to play a game, but every time I open it, it just loads and never lets me do anything. The work around gets me into the application but it won't let me sign in, install, or play anything at...
  5. applications unable to open correctly.

applications unable to open correctly.: Ive been trying to download some games to play on my pc, its a hp windows 10 64 laptop. im not sure if this issue is just because its a laptop or not, however its very annoying. im able to download the context and it appears on my desktop but they always have the shield icon...
  6. applications unable to open correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications unable to open correctly.: Ive been trying to download some games to play on my pc, its a hp windows 10 64 laptop. im not sure if this issue is just because its a laptop or not, however its very annoying. im able to download the context and it appears on my desktop but they always have the shield icon...
  7. Cant open applications in fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open applications in fullscreen: Hello,Everytime I use an application that is in fullscreen on my PC, it opens it, switches to it, but then it tabs out of the application automatically. This has been going on for a few weeks now.Would appreciate some insight on this....
  8. Applications Won't Open

Applications Won't Open: I am trying to open a specific application in File Explorer, but every time I try it does the blue spinny wheel thing and just cancels. No error code, no pop-ups, it's just that after the spinny thing goes away nothing happens. I've restarted my PC multiple times and have...
  9. Have applications open on correct display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have applications open on correct display: I hate the fact that Windows 10 does not automatically allow specific applications to open on any other display than primary without some workaround. I have read and started moving certain programs around between my main screen and the others I use and go through the...
  10. My exe file won't open correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My exe file won't open correctly: Hi, I've been using an exe file for a very long time, and it would open perfectly, but now everytime I run it it just shows the bar to close it and minimize it I'm sorry but I don't know the name of this bar. The exe in question cannot be maximized as it was never an option....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my apps wont open full screen