Windows 10: My Function Keys Aren't Working

Discus and support My Function Keys Aren't Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I noticed that a bunch of my drivers were out of date so I went and got a program that scanned and updated my drivers for me, called Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lgrinberg99, Jul 22, 2019.

1. My Function Keys Aren't Working

So recently I noticed that a bunch of my drivers were out of date so I went and got a program that scanned and updated my drivers for me, called Driver Booster 6, but shortly after doing so my function keys stopped working. On my laptop there is a function key to turn your touchpad off (in order to use the mouse without the touchpad interfering) and I kept pressing it with nothing happening. I also can't change my brightness at all.

I tried checking for keyboard driver updates and apparently my drivers are up to date, so I really don't know what's happening, please help.

:)

Lgrinberg99, Jul 22, 2019

2. 1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown My Function Keys Aren't Working :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, Jul 22, 2019
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 22, 2019
  4. My Function Keys Aren't Working

Functions keys work as intended

Hi dangnad2.

Found this. Would suggest Lock mode Enabled/Secondary needs to be enable or checked.

My Function Keys Aren't Working [​IMG]

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

My Function Keys Aren't Working

1. My Function Keys Aren't Working - Similar Threads - Function Keys Aren't

2. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  3. Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.: Hi!Lately, I've occured a problem, when I try to Alt+Tab out of some fullscreen games. What happens is, when I press Alt+Tab, I'm still in the game, RGB lights on my keyboard turn off, some sound plays and I need to quickly Alt+Tab again, to switch the tabs, otherwise the...
  4. Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.: Hi!Lately, I've occured a problem, when I try to Alt+Tab out of some fullscreen games. What happens is, when I press Alt+Tab, I'm still in the game, RGB lights on my keyboard turn off, some sound plays and I need to quickly Alt+Tab again, to switch the tabs, otherwise the...
  5. My laptop keys aren't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keys aren't working.: A few weeks ago most of my laptop keys stopped working and I've needed to go into tablet mode to type every single time since then.I've tried multiple methods to try and fix my laptop keyboard, such as restarting my device, updating my keyboard's driver, deleting and...
  6. function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.

function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.: hi! so recently i started using a blueetooth keyboard, but whenever i press the esc button on the keyboard, it opens a new chrome tab, no matter if i'm gaming or doing anything else. i tried turning off action keys through system bios, but that didn't seem to work, the...
  7. key's aren't working

key's aren't working: on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-arent-working/b14eea3f-f7f8-4655-b4be-338c6617e34a
  8. Shortcut keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys aren't working: Display and sound control keys are not working at all however they can be changed through windows settings. How might I empower them I can't discover shortcut or settings to empower it....
  9. Some of the keys on my keyboard aren't working

Some of the keys on my keyboard aren't working: So, this issue started a couple of days ago without a clear start. I have a HP Notebook 15 (15-F233WM) that runs Windows 10. I've never had any real problems with my keyboard before and it was running quite smoothly until suddenly, I noticed that the "n" stopped working. I...
  10. My backspace and enter key aren't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My backspace and enter key aren't working.: I turned off sticky keys and filter keys. I have reset my computer(Windows 10) and check my driver and nothing is working. It's only those keys and nothing working....