Windows 10: My Game Bar is not capturing footage for the full amount of time specified in my settings.

Discus and support My Game Bar is not capturing footage for the full amount of time specified in my settings. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While reviewing some of my gameplay footage for various games, I have found that my Game Bar has not been saving recordings of the specified time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MushHog, Jun 21, 2019.

1. MushHog Win User

My Game Bar is not capturing footage for the full amount of time specified in my settings.

While reviewing some of my gameplay footage for various games, I have found that my Game Bar has not been saving recordings of the specified time I have selected in my settings.

Under Settings > Gaming > Captures, and under Background Recording, I have "Record the last 10 Minutes" as my setting for that option. When I have a moment that I found worth recording, I use the Alt + Windows Key + G shortcut to record the footage of what just occurred in my game.

I then reviewed my videos, and found that my videos are not ten minutes long. They have been cut automatically to about five to seven minutes. This is extremely frustrating, as the moment I decide to record something noteworthy means that the notable moment will be cut from the video as it occurs in the final few minutes. With my videos being less than ten minutes, that important footage is lost. I tried shortening my clip recording settings to five minutes, but this did nothing, as now my videos are being cut to approximately three minutes instead

How do I fix this? I want to be able to play my games without worrying if my highlights of each session were saved or not, despite using the recording function properly.

If it helps, I have my audio quality for captures set at 160kbps, video frame rate set at 60 fps, and video quality set at High. Should I lower these settings to fix the issue, or is it not related? The games that I play run fine when operating with those settings, despite saying it will affect my performance, so I wouldn't think it's causing my videos to be shorter than ten minutes as I have specified in my settings.

:)

MushHog, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Game Bar screenshots now capture the bar at the top of my games.

Hi Kyle,

Let's try to troubleshoot this concern so that we can find a way to eliminate the bar at the top of your games when taking a screenshot using the Game Bar on Windows 10. I recommend that you try the following solutions below:

Solution 1: Re-enable Game DVR.

1. Press the Windows key, and then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Turn off Game Bar.
    4. Restart your computer
    5. Go back to Settings > Gaming.
    6. Turn on Game Bar.

Solution 2: Check for any Windows 10 Update on your computer by going to
    Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Solution 3: Delete Temporary Files

1. Open Settings and go to System.
    2. Go to Storage and choose This PC.
    3. Scroll down and find Temporary files.
    4. Click on it and then click on Delete temporary files. (Note: This process may take a while to complete - it all depends on how many you have. Wait until it's complete and then reboot your PC and try again.)

Solution 4: Perform a Clean boot on your computer to eliminate software conflicts. You may refer to this
    link for the steps.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

My Game Bar is not capturing footage for the full amount of time specified in my settings.

Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar

Source: Following up on Idea Drives: Gaming on Windows 10 and PC Game bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

1. My Game Bar is not capturing footage for the full amount of time specified in my settings. - Similar Threads - Game Bar capturing

2. How to change my game bar captures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my game bar captures folder: Upgraded a hard drive, turns out my captures folder was on said hard drive. Now when I look at the gallery in the game bar it says there's a problem viewing captures, I need to set a new folder, but there appears to be no way to do that... ridiculous!I tried...
  3. my xbox game bar captures are audio delayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my xbox game bar captures are audio delayed: I've been using Xbox game bar, but. whenever I record a long clip for example a 1 hour video, the audio randomly start to delay with the gameplay! Its been happening for quite a while now, and just wanted to point it out cause it sucks! all my 4 hours of footage gone because...
  4. Xbox Game Bar does not capture the full 60 fps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar does not capture the full 60 fps.: I am on Windows 11 and everything is updated. I recently started using Xbox Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds. Everything about it works fine, but it will not record my clips in the full 60 frames per second like I set it to do so in the settings. Instead, it records at...
  5. Xbox Game Bar does not capture the full 60 fps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar does not capture the full 60 fps.: I am on Windows 11 and everything is updated. I recently started using Xbox Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds. Everything about it works fine, but it will not record my clips in the full 60 frames per second like I set it to do so in the settings. Instead, it records at...
  6. Xbox Game Bar is not capturing for the full amount of time set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar is not capturing for the full amount of time set: In the capture settings I set the app to record the last 3 minutes and it worked perfectly fine ever since I started using the program, but recently not a single clip reaches the 3 minute mark that I set which completely ruined most of them as important stuff is left out,...
  7. Xbox Game Bar is not capturing for the full amount of time set

Xbox Game Bar is not capturing for the full amount of time set: In the capture settings I set the app to record the last 3 minutes and it worked perfectly fine ever since I started using the program, but recently not a single clip reaches the 3 minute mark that I set which completely ruined most of them as important stuff is left out,...
  8. Game Bar is not capturing entire videos for the full amount of the time length that's set...

Game Bar is not capturing entire videos for the full amount of the time length that's set...: Im going to keep it short...My game bar does not capture videos longer than 1 hour , when it’s set in settings as for 4 hour maximum... yesterday I recorded a important video for approximately 2 hours , but it came out as a 47 minutes video it was the first time I tried to...
  9. Game Bar Not Capturing

Game Bar Not Capturing: Game bar doesnt seem to work with Rogue Company. When I clip something it shows up in my captures but its usually only the audio if even that. This is the only game Ive had problems with....
  10. Recording Game Footage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Game Footage: Using W10 and I am really impressed with it so far. The issue I am having is that I have tried using my normal recording software which is Xsplit but it wont record, neither will Fraps, any help on this would be appreciated, thanks in advance. 4284