Windows 10: My game is being blocked from using graphics hardware

Discus and support My game is being blocked from using graphics hardware in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The computer is a hp and powered by intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LizaWilkens, Mar 21, 2019.

1. My game is being blocked from using graphics hardware

The computer is a hp and powered by intel

:)

LizaWilkens, Mar 21, 2019

2. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware on 3D games

I have Windows 10 with Radeon HD 5670. Since month or so all games using 3D graphics hang the error message Application Has Been Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware

This is similar thing to application-has-been-blocked-from-accessing-graphics-hardware, just it hangs with all the 3D games.

Games I tried: Lego Harry Potter, Minecraft, Test Drive Unlimited. It takes no more than two minutes to have the screen blinking for several seconds and games crash.

I tried some googled out solutions, like:

• graphic card driver update
    • removing all graphics drivers with DDU utility from guru3d
    • ran System File Checker and DISM commands as described here
    • editing TdrDelay in registry as described in fix 3 here

I thought it may be some hardware issue, took out the graphics card, cleaned it up from dust, installed awesome Open Hardware Monitor - Core temp, fan speed and voltages in a free software gadget and MSI Kombustor (v3 didn't worked for me for some reason, but v2 worked fine). Kombustor shown this is no overheating nor hardware issue, as tests ran from it took everything from GPU without hanging anything and temperature below 70 Celsius. And games crashed without much load at low temperatures.

And everything worked all fine just a month ago. Maybe some windows update broke it?

BartBiczBoży, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Application Blocked from accessing Graphic Hardware

Recently I've been experiencing the app blocked from accessing graphic hardware issue with a specific game I play a fair amount. The game seems to work but upon initial starting I would get clear audio but bad or no visuals forcing me to restart the game
    manually by shutting it down from the task manager. I have discovered a simple fix to this problem though, and it lies in the graphics settings for your display.

To fix the issue I've been having I searched up and opened my computer's Events Log, to examine where the error was occurring and get an accurate description. (It gave the same message as the notification, this step may be negligible)….

The next step in my process was to access my computer's system settings (for windows 10 the primary settings for your computer)

Going there, select the display settings and look for a link text that says "Graphics Settings"

Upon clicking on this, you will be presented with a graphics performance preference text and a drop down box that gives the options for a Classic Application or a Universal Application. I didn't fiddle with this at all but there is a browse button below that.

Clicking this browse button I was able to select the application that was being blocked and I set it to always run in high performance mode. thus fixing my issue once I restarted the game in question.

For reference I run an XPS 8930 with an Intel(R) Core i5-8400 CPU with 64 bit Windows 10 and an AMD RX 560 graphics card.

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but a colleague of mine suggested I post my solution to the forums to help others experiencing the same issue.

Lt_Longlegs, Mar 21, 2019
  4. My game is being blocked from using graphics hardware

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

My game is being blocked from using graphics hardware

1. My game is being blocked from using graphics hardware - Similar Threads - game being blocked

2. Windows 11 blocked from using graphics hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blocked from using graphics hardware?: Recently I've started playing graphically demanding games even though my system is quite outdated Intel i5-3470, GTX-760 2GB, 10GB RAM, 1TB storage. I was playing Elden ring yesterday 10/02/24 when my game froze, crashed and my monitor wouldn't display anything so I had to...
  3. Windows 11 blocked from using graphics hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blocked from using graphics hardware?: Recently I've started playing graphically demanding games even though my system is quite outdated Intel i5-3470, GTX-760 2GB, 10GB RAM, 1TB storage. I was playing Elden ring yesterday 10/02/24 when my game froze, crashed and my monitor wouldn't display anything so I had to...
  4. All Unity Engine games blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Unity Engine games blocked from accessing Graphics hardware: I built a new gaming PC from hand-picked parts roughly 1 year ago.The graphics card is a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super. CPU is a Ryzen 9 3700.Everything was fine until roughly a month or two ago. For no obvious reason, all of my Unity engine based games now load, but then crash...
  5. been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware: Application Microsoft.Phot has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/been-blocked-from-accessing-graphics-hardware/63d5dd30-b181-4020-ae25-8eb0631a2b98
  6. Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware.: I recently started getting the above error message when on Facebook. How do I correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-blocked-from-accessing-graphics/a1afb8ac-549e-4a52-8832-9b6dc42b4a89
  7. Programs being blocked from using graphics hardware

Programs being blocked from using graphics hardware: My pc keeps giving notification for "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware." Along with terrible artififacting that makes the computer unusable without disabling the gpu. For almost everything I try to launch I get the notification. I even get some...
  8. Program blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware

Program blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware: I was running a program when i got an error saying "Program blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware", Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-blocked-from-accessing-graphics-hardware/718694af-c518-4d55-8d0d-de915f75c3fa
  9. Application Blocked from accessing Graphic Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Blocked from accessing Graphic Hardware: Recently I've been experiencing the app blocked from accessing graphic hardware issue with a specific game I play a fair amount. The game seems to work but upon initial starting I would get clear audio but bad or no visuals forcing me to restart the game manually by shutting...
  10. Application Blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware

Application Blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware: I've recently been experiencing an issue with one of my games being blocked from utilizing the graphics hardware installed on my computer. War Thunder to be exact. Ever since the Newest update for the game came out, that problem has arisen. Upon completing the update, I was...