Windows 10: My game is running in the background and I can't play it

Discus and support My game is running in the background and I can't play it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/H-ckerman [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/H-ckerman, Aug 3, 2020.

1. My game is running in the background and I can't play it

/u/H-ckerman, Aug 3, 2020

2. Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Games won't launch and run in background.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know with the following information for better assistance:

• What exactly do you mean by games does not run in the background?
    • Which are the games you are trying to launch?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while trying to launch the game?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I would like to inform that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
    usually occupy 1 GB of the storage space.

I suggest you to run disk cleanup to free the memory: Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2020
  4. My game is running in the background and I can't play it

Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

My game is running in the background and I can't play it

1. My game is running in the background and I can't play it - Similar Threads - game running background

2. Can't play my game pass games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play my game pass games.: Got game pass from discord nitro so i downloaded some games but none of the games work. when i press play it starts launching and asks me to sign in so i press my account to login then it boots me and say "sign in to play this game". I have tried repairing all things xbox....
  3. Can't play my game pass games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play my game pass games.: Got game pass from discord nitro so i downloaded some games but none of the games work. when i press play it starts launching and asks me to sign in so i press my account to login then it boots me and say "sign in to play this game". I have tried repairing all things xbox....
  4. Why can't I play my game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I play my game?: I have a custom built PC that my IT friend and I built together. We bought and installed Windows 11 Pro and all modern games work really well and what not. However; when I tried playing Fallout 3 GOTY Edition through Steam it would open with the screen that displays play and...
  5. Why can't I play my game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I play my game?: I have a custom built PC that my IT friend and I built together. We bought and installed Windows 11 Pro and all modern games work really well and what not. However; when I tried playing Fallout 3 GOTY Edition through Steam it would open with the screen that displays play and...
  6. why the **** can't i play my games microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why the **** can't i play my games microsoft: 3 seperate error codes installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-cant-i-play-my-games-microsoft/aabbc2dc-6c74-4f14-af9f-ee99de5bdb7b
  7. How to keep a game running in the background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to keep a game running in the background: Some games w/e I alt-tab out, the game completely stops all rendering and sound Right now I want to stream Friday Night Funkin' It's a music game, so it's really awkward when tabbing out and everything just stops It's really annoying when making sure the stream is ok...
  8. My game launcher will run a game then disappear as it should, but I can't play the game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My game launcher will run a game then disappear as it should, but I can't play the game: I've downloaded The Sims Medieval to my PC through Origin, and my PC recognizes and runs the launcher and all the installers just fine, but when I launch the game, it just runs in the background. I can find it in the task manager but have no clue if I can somehow bring the...
  9. Black Background while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background while playing games: Hi, so ever since I got my new pc, I have been playing a few games here and there. These games were downloaded from the microsoft store and the majority have a black background. I know this should not be like this since I am playing a game I have before on my old pc and it...
  10. I can't play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play old games: Can somebody help i have windows 10 4 gb ram 3.1 ghz processor and 2 gb graphics card. Today i want to play game called x ray ball and it's released in 2004 but i can't play i just crash i have problems too in some old games from that year or another. Old games are so slow...