Windows 10: My game keeps randomly lagging

Discus and support My game keeps randomly lagging in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried playing a game on my computer and I kept having lags so I opened task manager and I saw that "ntoskrnl.exe System" was using my network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RalphAile, Sep 7, 2018.

1. RalphAile Win User

My game keeps randomly lagging

I tried playing a game on my computer and I kept having lags so I opened task manager and I saw that "ntoskrnl.exe System" was using my network and therefore lagging my game. I tried several things to stop it but nothing worked, I tried checking for updates, updating my network adapters...etc

:)

RalphAile, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Lov Dollente Win User

Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Wilfred Mac Win User

Game lag after the most recent update

Hi Billy,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you're experiencing lags while playing. One of which is the game server issue. To properly address your this concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

link
    . This can help diagnose and resolve issues with Microsoft products or third-party software that affects Microsoft products.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. My game keeps randomly lagging - Similar Threads - game keeps randomly

2. ntoskrnl.exe System keeps using my network on my windows 10 pc and lagging my game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe System keeps using my network on my windows 10 pc and lagging my game.: So I try to play league of legends or fortnite and out of nowhere my game starts lagging. So I open task manager and see that ntoskrnl.exe System is using my network. This has been going for more than a month and I've tried so many things to resolve it :changed something with...
  3. My computer keeps minimizing games automatically at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps minimizing games automatically at random times: This issue had just started to happen. It currently happens with Bendy and the Ink Machine, Team Fortress 2, Terraria and Minecraft just to name a few. I had already tried restarting my PC and pressing the Windows button and X (no dialogue box appears) I had looked at...
  4. My computer keeps minimizing games automatically at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps minimizing games automatically at random times: This issue had just started to happen. It currently happens with Bendy and the Ink Machine, Team Fortress 2, Terraria and Minecraft just to name a few. I had already tried restarting my PC and pressing the Windows button and X (no dialogue box appears) I had looked at...
  5. Sudden Lag in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Lag in Games: In various games, like World of Warcraft, there is often a sudden freezing, accompanied by the game's sound buzzing. This can get me killed in games like WoW and Swtor, and can make me lose a turn in card games, like Duelyst. The games this has happened in are World of...
  6. Games Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Lag: Hello, I am posting here for some fresh insight to help me troubleshoot my game lag issues. I just recently built a new computer and am using Windows 10 for the first time. All of my games are lagging despite the greatly varied system requirements and they all lag at the...
  7. FPS Lag on Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS Lag on Games: Having extremely low FPS on all online games running on Windows 10. Any solutions? 4067
  8. The games are lagging in Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The games are lagging in Windows10: Hi!I have a dual operating system of windows 7 32 bit and windows 10 64 bit.My problem is that the games which are running smoothly in win 7 are lagging in windows 10.I have a inbult graphic card . I don't know what is the problemPlease help!!! 34826
  9. My new mouse is lagging my games Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new mouse is lagging my games Please Help: I bought a new mouse CANYON CND-SGM7, and everything worked perfectly when i plugged it in , but when i turned on a game it starts lagging (stuttering) , every second fps drops below 30 for a second and its very annoying *Sad. And it happens in every game (...
  10. Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly: Hi there, I bought an MSI GT80 gaming laptop a couple of months ago and updated from Windows 8.1 to 10. Since then however I keep getting random freezes that completely lock up my system where nothing works anymore. (mouse doesn't move etc.) The only way to fix it is to...