Windows 10: My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen

Discus and support My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've played Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for like 2 hours when I downloaded it. When I had tried to play the game, it started to crash with my [D] File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ömer Türk, Jan 13, 2021.

1. My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen

I've played Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for like 2 hours when I downloaded it. When I had tried to play the game, it started to crash with my [D] File starts to pop up on the screen, and then the game crashes. I've searched everywhere about my problem but I couldn't find anything about it. But today I found out that every game or application located on my [D]: hard drive closes itself and then [D]: file pops up, so what should I do?

:)

Ömer Türk, Jan 13, 2021

2. Game suddenly closed,suspended

This problem start after i updating my windows 10, whenever i opened up some heavy game, like GTA 5, it suddenly closed. And then when i checked up on the task manager,it says suspended before it close in the status. But theres a game that can still played
    like fortnite.

Any help guys?

MickeyJonez, Jan 13, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen

File explorer pops up when leaving full screen

Hello Terraria100,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I understand how frustrating it can be when it pops up every time while you access other applications and games. However, we can quickly check with the task manager and see if you are able to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by Krishna Prasobh V dated
    March 31, 2016 from the article - Windows file explorer pops up on Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen

1. My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen - Similar Threads - game suddenly closes

2. My PC pops up the blue screen after i try to close some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC pops up the blue screen after i try to close some games: Hi, so the problem with my PC started when i was playing ARK and when i tried to close the game, my PC just freezed and put up the blue screen, and after that my PC restarted. I thought that was a one time thing, but it happened again when i tried to close ARK again. This did...
  3. My PC pops up the blue screen after i try to close some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC pops up the blue screen after i try to close some games: Hi, so the problem with my PC started when i was playing ARK and when i tried to close the game, my PC just freezed and put up the blue screen, and after that my PC restarted. I thought that was a one time thing, but it happened again when i tried to close ARK again. This did...
  4. my xbox download close it self.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my xbox download close it self.: Hello, when yesterday i tried to launch my xbox app but it was stuck on the loading screen so i uninstalled it but now when im trying to reinstall it on the microsoft store the install buton doesn't appear and when i try to download the app via the installer the download...
  5. Why does the Terminal suddenly pops up and closes up my chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Terminal suddenly pops up and closes up my chrome?: A few days ago when I was using google chrome browsing stuff , watching youtube etc. and then suddenly the black screen terminal windows pops up and closes my google chrome without saying anything, I was able to caught a glimpse of "C:\Windows\system32\cmd..." on the terminal...
  6. Why does the Terminal suddenly pops up and closes up my chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Terminal suddenly pops up and closes up my chrome?: A few days ago when I was using google chrome browsing stuff , watching youtube etc. and then suddenly the black screen terminal windows pops up and closes my google chrome without saying anything, I was able to caught a glimpse of "C:\Windows\system32\cmd..." on the terminal...
  7. This keeps popping up then closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This keeps popping up then closing: This keeps popping up on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-popping-up-then-closing/43e5d524-1c26-4091-ae05-fa3578b38c8b
  8. random files popping up in my d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    random files popping up in my d drive: so recently i updated my pc and all of a sudden files been popping up i delete them and they come back this is what it looks like pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-files-popping-up-in-my-d-drive/480de870-879e-4540-b02f-4b3291e9348f
  9. A File keeps On Popping Up On My Screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A File keeps On Popping Up On My Screen.: The file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe keeps on popping up on my screen, there's no rhyme or reason to it. It can be after 1 minute or after an hour, sometimes it minimizes my stuff when I'm using other times it just pops up on the screen. if I...
  10. Game suddenly closed,suspended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game suddenly closed,suspended: This problem start after i updating my windows 10, whenever i opened up some heavy game, like GTA 5, it suddenly closed. And then when i checked up on the task manager,it says suspended before it close in the status. But theres a game that can still played like fortnite. Any...