Windows 10: My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen

Discus and support My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've played Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for like 2 hours when I downloaded it. When I had tried to play the game, it started to crash with my [D] File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ömer Türk, Jan 13, 2021.

1. My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen

I've played Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for like 2 hours when I downloaded it. When I had tried to play the game, it started to crash with my [D] File starts to pop up on the screen, and then the game crashes. I've searched everywhere about my problem but I couldn't find anything about it. But today I found out that every game or application located on my [D]: hard drive closes itself and then [D]: file pops up, so what should I do?

:)

Ömer Türk, Jan 13, 2021

2. Game suddenly closed,suspended

This problem start after i updating my windows 10, whenever i opened up some heavy game, like GTA 5, it suddenly closed. And then when i checked up on the task manager,it says suspended before it close in the status. But theres a game that can still played
    like fortnite.

Any help guys?

MickeyJonez, Jan 13, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen

File explorer pops up when leaving full screen

Hello Terraria100,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I understand how frustrating it can be when it pops up every time while you access other applications and games. However, we can quickly check with the task manager and see if you are able to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by Krishna Prasobh V dated
    March 31, 2016 from the article - Windows file explorer pops up on Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen

1. My game suddenly closes it self and [D]: File pops up on the screen - Similar Threads - game suddenly closes

2. game suddenly closes and got suspended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game suddenly closes and got suspended: pls help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-suddenly-closes-and-got-suspended/b6079053-8895-43ba-8dfc-ed338edef105
  3. Window popping up and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window popping up and closing instantly: Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the name of application, it started very recently but i also installed a lot of applications so i'm not sure whether it's one of...
  4. SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE; When I try to close it, opens a website which my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE; When I try to close it, opens a website which my...: This evil "pop-up" takes me to an "evil/bad" page which my internet software, thankfully, blocks. When I close the page, I get a new pop-up with the same results. I've verified that my pop-blocker is still on, etc. I ran the quick version of the Microsoft Safety Scanner...
  5. Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.: Recently I noticed that there were some new files/folders that popped up in my D: drive, which i only used for games and other big files. The new folders were “system” “system64” and “mono”. The new file was “mono.msi”. All of these were created at the exact same time on...
  6. A File keeps On Popping Up On My Screen.

A File keeps On Popping Up On My Screen.: The file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe keeps on popping up on my screen, there's no rhyme or reason to it. It can be after 1 minute or after an hour, sometimes it minimizes my stuff when I'm using other times it just pops up on the screen. if I...
  7. File pop up !

in Windows 10 Customization
    File pop up !: Hello : Im having a problem with a File POP UP BOX.! It POPS UP at Random,, It says : How Do You Want To Open This File: I just want to turn it off so it will stop POPPING UP !!!...
  8. Pop up saying repair, close

Pop up saying repair, close: What do I do if a repair, or close pop up keeps popping up when using power point, excel or word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-saying-repair-close/36793b15-04b3-4e51-8baf-66fa029ed381
  9. Activate Windows 10 suddenly pops up on the corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 suddenly pops up on the corner of my screen: Hello! So I boot up my pc and this program called "kms activator" suddenly launches. Never heard of it and don't know how it got on my pc. It said something about activating windows, but mine was already activated. It looked kinda suspicious so I uninstalled it. So a few...
  10. Game suddenly closed,suspended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game suddenly closed,suspended: This problem start after i updating my windows 10, whenever i opened up some heavy game, like GTA 5, it suddenly closed. And then when i checked up on the task manager,it says suspended before it close in the status. But theres a game that can still played like fortnite. Any...