Windows 10: My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it

Discus and support My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My problems started when I followed Windows official guide on how to change the location of my captures folder, (from C: to D:) Basically this ended up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dmemed, Feb 12, 2021.

1. /u/dmemed Win User

My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it

My problems started when I followed Windows official guide on how to change the location of my captures folder, (from C: to DMy GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it :) Basically this ended up not working at all, and instead caused a few major issues surrounding GameBar.

One of my problems is that when I moved the Captures folder to the D: Drive and back to C: via cutting, GameBar now says that my saved captures are in the D: Drive, even though they aren’t, I don’t have any clips or even a folder called Captures there. This means my gallery section is full of random images and assets from various games I have on my D: Drive, which is very problematic. Repairing & Resetting the app has done literally nothing to fix this, it’s changed not a single thing.

And of course I can’t even uninstall then reinstall GameBar to hope that fixes the problem, and there’s no support articles that even come close to this on the Windows Troubleshooting guides. I just want to reset my GameBar to the default state it was in before I made these changes, but have no idea how.

EDIT : After restarting my PC, my entire captures folder is completely gone without warning. Over 3000 clips I had saved just gone into thin air now.

submitted by /u/dmemed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dmemed, Feb 12, 2021

2. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 12, 2021
  4. My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it

Gamebar process problem

This **** runs in the background even if you uninstall Xbox app and have everything turned off it's a consistent pain in the ass that I have to kill the process every time I'm gaming because it eats my framerate when I've never used it or want to use it.

DavidSischo, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it

1. My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it - Similar Threads - GameBar completely broken

2. How to completely remove the GameBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove the GameBar: I tried it with a PowerShell script, even though I removed it, I still get this popup every time I open the game, and it's much more annoying than having the GameBar installed. How do I remove this popup as well?...
  3. File explorer completely broken, tried every fix I could think of, need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer completely broken, tried every fix I could think of, need help: I have no idea if this is the right place to post this Website and "Topic", or the right place to ask for help, but I thought I might as well try. I need help fixing file explorer, I have no idea what broke it, but I REALLY dont want to reset windows. any help would be...
  4. File explorer completely broken, tried every fix I could think of, need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer completely broken, tried every fix I could think of, need help: I have no idea if this is the right place to post this Website and "Topic", or the right place to ask for help, but I thought I might as well try. I need help fixing file explorer, I have no idea what broke it, but I REALLY dont want to reset windows. any help would be...
  5. Windows Gamebar Record Stop Help Need

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Gamebar Record Stop Help Need: Hi, I want to record my screen with Windows Gamebar Record it works well. but when I minimize/close the browser or apps the Gamebar Record Stop automatically.when I open it again it shows...
  6. xbox gamebar broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox gamebar broken: I was using my laptop as normal when a pop up suddenly said "xbox gamebar is currently not available". I tried to fix it by updating and restarting and googled for some help, which ended with my uninstalling the gamebar through powershell. However, instead of resolving the...
  7. Windows 10 has completely broken down and I need help ASAP

Windows 10 has completely broken down and I need help ASAP: Hi, just got a new PC and freshly installed Windows 10. After updating all the new stuff for Windows and everything else, I restarted my computer and now nothing is working. I hit the start menu, doesn't work. I try to search for something, nothing. I right click my start...
  8. At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help

At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help: for the first time in my 20 years fixing Computers at a hobby level. I'm stumped how to fix what I've done. PC: i5 7600k asus prime z270-p 16GB DDR4 Ram windows 10 pro ill try keep it short, I created a user profile in windows 10 pro for my wife to use, that is custom...
  9. My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it: Hi, The windows functionality of my pc has not worked in 4 months; and to state something in advance, my computer is completely unable to do any in place upgrades, after I've been with multiple microsoft technicians back in december. As of right now, my list of issues with...
  10. Broken gamebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken gamebar: Gamebar doesn't record my friend's voice in a discord call, I also got updated drivers and not one DAMN thing works! Forums also useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/broken-gamebar/2c00731a-ffd3-4f14-8a21-59e3c6c054e5