Windows 10: My gamebar randomly decides when it will and won't open.

Discus and support My gamebar randomly decides when it will and won't open. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like it says in the title, win+g and win+alt+g seems to randomly decide it won't work. Games I've recorded clips from a few weeks, or even days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theBolsheviks, Mar 28, 2021.

1. My gamebar randomly decides when it will and won't open.

Like it says in the title, win+g and win+alt+g seems to randomly decide it won't work. Games I've recorded clips from a few weeks, or even days ago suddenly won't work. I tried it from my xbox controller, and then I tried unplugging my controller and it didn't help. Is there a reason this is happening? I can't find anything in setting that would cause it to no longer work.

submitted by /u/theBolsheviks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theBolsheviks, Mar 28, 2021

2. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      My gamebar randomly decides when it will and won't open. 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Mar 28, 2021
  4. tops Win User

My gamebar randomly decides when it will and won't open.

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

My gamebar randomly decides when it will and won't open.

1. My gamebar randomly decides when it will and won't open. - Similar Threads - gamebar randomly decides

2. When will the gamebar for windows be updated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will the gamebar for windows be updated?: I am using an official xbox one controller with official battery pack and it doesnt show battery percentage just says HID compliant battery critical!Please dont say buy a dongle.That is ridiculous...
  3. Why Does My PC Freeze Opening Gamebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Does My PC Freeze Opening Gamebar: Here’s my system specs. Im running a Ryzen 5 5600x 32GB DDr4 3600 MHz Vengeance RamROG Strix B550-F Gaming EVGA 2060 KO Gaming I don’t know what to do… I just upgraded my motherboard last year and my ram and processor 2 years agoEvery time I open gamebar or play graphically...
  4. HDD randomly decides to not function.

HDD randomly decides to not function.: So, I have a laptop that is about 3 yrs old, and recently, it decides to randomly stop reading the HDD. This can happen if the laptop is sleeping, or even if you are working with it. The laptop works on SSD HDD combination, so while it keeps on functioning, I lose any ability...
  5. HDD randomly decides to not function.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD randomly decides to not function.: So, I have a laptop that is about 3 yrs old, and recently, it decides to randomly stop reading the HDD. This can happen if the laptop is sleeping, or even if you are working with it. The laptop works on SSD HDD combination, so while it keeps on functioning, I lose any ability...
  6. HDD randomly decides to not function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows randomly decided to link to my wife's account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows randomly decided to link to my wife's account.: I am struggling to keep my temper under control because I am so fed up with dealing with this programs inane stupidity. I have had a PC for a couple years. It was linked to my Microsoft account. A week or so ago, my step son used the Xbox app to log onto his mothers account,...
  8. gamebar won't let me record

in Windows 10 Customization
    gamebar won't let me record: when I try to click on record it says that my computer does not meet the hardware requirements for it I have a gt 1030 with the latest drivers and im on the latest windows update mind you I have tried everything on the web and even searched for answers here but no one else...
  9. Windows has decided that it won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows has decided that it won't work: Problem: Hey there I am having some issues with Windows right now and it is genuinely making me want to destroy my pc my registry has been corrupted which means I can't open any windows app (reg,command or anything else What I tried: I have tried doing a fresh reset on the pc...
  10. Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened.

Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened.: A recent annoyance. When i open Gamebar, it is no longer given focus so that i cannot select options in it with a controller, and if i am in a game, i must enter the menu or chat (making it so the mouse\touch-pad no longer is used for looking in game) in order to use the...