Windows 10: My gamer dvr mic quality is awful. The records are full of static. This is a high quality...

Discus and support My gamer dvr mic quality is awful. The records are full of static. This is a high quality... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I fix the awful sound quality? submitted by /u/Cadethegreat74 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cadethegreat74, Jan 24, 2021.

1. My gamer dvr mic quality is awful. The records are full of static. This is a high quality...

/u/Cadethegreat74, Jan 24, 2021
  2. AxAffect Win User

Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I think something must have changed with the Creator's Update. My Game DVR mic quality was really good before the update, and now it sounds terrible. Seems to only affect USB microphones though because I also tried it with an analog mic, and the quality
    was good. Updating my USB mic drivers didn't help.

Game DVR is the only program that is affected for me. All other recording software with my USB mic works as expected.

AxAffect, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I noticed this issue too, and its never been resolved as of yet. I also figured out what's causing it.

It appears that Win 10's DVR only allocates 192kbps max for audio quality, and it appears a much lower bandwidth is used for microphones. 192kbps is crap! I would know this, I operated a state of the art recording studio for over a decade, and its absolutely
    pathetic that Microsoft would force such low quality audio on its users.

Besides the 192kbps cap of Win DVR, it appears the mic is only getting about 40 to 60 kbps, which is beyond awful. In order to get good quality video, the DVR should allow up to 384kbps, and stop putting caps on Mic bandwidth.

The best solution?

1. Microsoft could fix it, but they don't care and wont, because they never fix anything.

2. Record your game play with the DVR, then pull the mp4 file into OBS and do a voice over from there. That's what I did, and its a solid solution, but its also time consuming. Or just do all your recordings with OBS and ditch DVR altogether.

As for streaming, the simple answer is to use OBS and not Win DVR.

Its unfortunate Microsoft refuses to fix problems they're well aware of. What's really a shame is that Windows DVR actually does great quality video, but having my voice sound like a mix of broken plastic and a mouse squeaking through a loud speaker isn't
    going to work.

DJDANIEL150, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Piesrgr8 Win User

My gamer dvr mic quality is awful. The records are full of static. This is a high quality...

Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I don't understand, because I have a studio mic that is USB powered and is at least $150. The quality of this microphone is really good when used with other programs, but its quality isn't there with the game DVR. I have already tried boosting my mic quality
    with the settings, but that still doesn't help. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Piesrgr8, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

My gamer dvr mic quality is awful. The records are full of static. This is a high quality...

1. My gamer dvr mic quality is awful. The records are full of static. This is a high quality... - Similar Threads - gamer dvr mic

2. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.: I need my mic quality to be lower for some games that don't register mine, but I've searched it up and no one really has a solution. I've tried the advanced audio settings but that's about all I could find on the internet....
  3. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.: I need my mic quality to be lower for some games that don't register mine, but I've searched it up and no one really has a solution. I've tried the advanced audio settings but that's about all I could find on the internet....
  4. unable to change sample rate on high quality mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Gamebar Mic Quality Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar Mic Quality Issues: Whenever I use the gamebar on my PC to join a party chat with my friends on Xbox I am told the mic quality has a ton of feedback in combination with sounding like being underwater. I tested the mic on discord and some recording software and the mic sounded perfectly normal...
  6. Mic quality poor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic quality poor: I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set...
  7. High quality screenshots ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High quality screenshots ?: Today I had to record several screenshots of some test results. The screens included a lot of text. Dell XPS 15 9500 with the FHD+ screen. I recorded the screenshots using Win + PrnScn. The png screenshots of the whole screen were around 400k in size so the quality was low...
  8. game dvr bad mic quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    game dvr bad mic quality: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pjay1156 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihbek5/game_dvr_bad_mic_quality/
  9. Reduce Mic Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reduce Mic Quality: [ATTACH] Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem when trying to change my microphone quality, I am trying to reduce it. This would be pretty simple if I wasn't getting a grayed out option bar. Is there a way to change this? (I am on a laptop and that is...
  10. Trash Mic Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trash Mic Quality: I recently built a new pc for gaming and my snowball mic suddenly sounds horrible. I found the problem in the advanced device settings Uunder "telephone quality" when i try to change the quality to a higher setting and press apply MY SETTINGS DO NOT SAVE. ITS PROBABLY A...