Windows 10: My games drop to below 30fps when connected to my TV

Discus and support My games drop to below 30fps when connected to my TV in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My setup: RTX 3080tifoundersi7 12700k2 x 16 Trident DDR5 ram sticksZ690 A MSI motherboard2 x 32 inch Asus monitors @ 165hz27 inch Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KingBands, Jun 7, 2023.

1. KingBands Win User

My games drop to below 30fps when connected to my TV

My setup: RTX 3080tifoundersi7 12700k2 x 16 Trident DDR5 ram sticksZ690 A MSI motherboard2 x 32 inch Asus monitors @ 165hz27 inch Samsung monitorSamsung Q800T 8K TVHello. When trying to play a game on my TV, frames drop down to sub 30 fps. When I switch them to one of my other monitors, it goes back up to 60, 120, 165, etc. as it should. I've already tried dropping all of the in game settings to sub 720p, turning off everything, and it still hovers around either 17 or 30 fps. I've also reinstalled windows in case something else was installed on it preventing it from performing better. I

:)

KingBands, Jun 7, 2023

2. Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC and TV in same network.
    • Got to Start and click on Settings.
    • Open Devices and chose Connected devices from the menu on the left.
    • Click on Add a device.
    • After the wizard finished, just click on your TV and follow the instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Connecting laptop to tv

Hi Ro,

There might be a configuration in your TV that we need to change to resolve this . For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• When you connected the HDMI to the TV, what source/display option did you choose?
    • Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to a different TV/monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect your computer and TV?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Jessen P Win User

Laptopc can´t connect to TV

Hi,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Are you connecting the PC and TV using a HDMI cable?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.

Please revert if you face any issues with PC not connecting to TV.

Jessen P, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

1. My games drop to below 30fps when connected to my TV - Similar Threads - games drop below

2. My games drop to below 30fps when connected to my TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games drop to below 30fps when connected to my TV: My setup: RTX 3080tifoundersi7 12700k2 x 16 Trident DDR5 ram sticksZ690 A MSI motherboard2 x 32 inch Asus monitors @ 165hz27 inch Samsung monitorSamsung Q800T 8K TVHello. When trying to play a game on my TV, frames drop down to sub 30 fps. When I switch them to one of my...
  3. No sound when gaming in full screen on my TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound when gaming in full screen on my TV: Hello. When I start a game in full screen on my TV, the spatial audio doesn't work. It seems as if the whole computer refreshes when I put a game in fullscreen mode, and then the sound goes out. Otherwise, it works for games not in fullscreen mode, everything else, and...
  4. No sound when gaming in full screen on my TV

No sound when gaming in full screen on my TV: Hello. When I start a game in full screen on my TV, the spatial audio doesn't work. It seems as if the whole computer refreshes when I put a game in fullscreen mode, and then the sound goes out. Otherwise, it works for games not in fullscreen mode, everything else, and...
  5. My PC crashs when connect to different TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashs when connect to different TV: My PC crashs when I connect it to my living room TV instantly or after a few minutes, used to work fine for gaming or watching videos.But the thing is that I also use a smaller TV as my second screen in my office and there's no crash or anything wrong using it atm too.but a...
  6. My PC crashs when connect to different TV

My PC crashs when connect to different TV: My PC crashs when I connect it to my living room TV instantly or after a few minutes, used to work fine for gaming or watching videos.But the thing is that I also use a smaller TV as my second screen in my office and there's no crash or anything wrong using it atm too.but a...
  7. My PC crashs when connect to different TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?

Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?: I have 3 routers as access points with a laptop and a tv connected via ethernet cables. Periodically the laptop's ethernet connection stops working and I have to reboot the main router - even though wifi is still working and the ethernet line to the tv still works. The router...
  9. Games on windows game pass locked at 30fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on windows game pass locked at 30fps: Hi so i have gamepass ultimate and am trying to play hellblade and rise of the tomb raider but in game im noticing both are locked at 30fps regardless of what settings i have them at and whether i have vsync on or off. so far i’ve notices its only these two games thats are...
  10. The connection to smart TV via Miracast drops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The connection to smart TV via Miracast drops: I cannot connect my Surface pro 4 to Samsung smart TV via Miracast because the connection is dropped. I tried to update software on the TV to the latest available version but it is still dropping the connection....