Windows 10: My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...

Discus and support My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop stutters whenever I play games ever since the windows update. I have tried everything I can to fix it but it doesn't work. Asking why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thuya Zin, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Thuya Zin Win User

My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...

My laptop stutters whenever I play games ever since the windows update. I have tried everything I can to fix it but it doesn't work. Asking why.

:)

Thuya Zin, Dec 1, 2023

2. High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Gilboard Win User
    New windows update makes games stutter.

Since the last update my game are having low performance and stutter a lot.

My video drivers are fine and I have already tried everything ppl suggested on this forums and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one that wants this to be fixed.

Gilboard, Dec 1, 2023
  4. My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...

Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...

1. My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from... - Similar Threads - games been stuttering

2. My screen have been stuttering for a few months now ive tried everything from cmd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen have been stuttering for a few months now ive tried everything from cmd...: i really need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-have-been-stuttering-for-a-few-months/219becf4-6642-4443-80f4-f481751b2dd6
  3. My screen have been stuttering for a few months now ive tried everything from cmd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen have been stuttering for a few months now ive tried everything from cmd...: i really need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-have-been-stuttering-for-a-few-months/219becf4-6642-4443-80f4-f481751b2dd6
  4. My screen have been stuttering for a few months now ive tried everything from cmd...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ever since upgrading my PC, I have been having constant CTD's on every video game I play.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since upgrading my PC, I have been having constant CTD's on every video game I play.: Hello. Last week I purchased new parts for my gaming PC. The previous specs were:Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming ProCPU: AMD Ryzen 2700xGPU: MSI RTX 2060 SuperRAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2 x 8GB @3000mhzPSU: Corsair RM 750XNew specs are: Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro with Bios...
  6. My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...

My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...: My laptop stutters whenever I play games ever since the windows update. I have tried everything I can to fix it but it doesn't work. Asking why....
  7. Ever since windows updated on August 10, 2023 I have been unable to connect to a game...

Ever since windows updated on August 10, 2023 I have been unable to connect to a game...: On August 9, 2023, I was playing this game fine, with no issues and not having to use a VPN. On August 10, 2023, I woke up and I was no longer able to connect and play the game without using a VPN. The only thing that changed was a windows update, 2023-08 Cumulative Update...
  8. Been having this issue ever since the February Culumitive update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been having this issue ever since the February Culumitive update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the Windows search bar. There seems to be an issue with the device history in the Windows 10 search bar which doesn't keep it up to date. Is anyone else having this issue?...
  9. I been having an issue where there's a stuttering effect going on, I have tried everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been having an issue where there's a stuttering effect going on, I have tried everything...: To further elaborate, whenever I start Windows everything stutters for a while, sometimes I can't even game on my machine because this would last the whole day, other times there's no stuttering going on, it is always random. I have used the troubleshooting process, I have...
  10. I been having an issue where there's a stuttering effect going on, I have tried everything...

I been having an issue where there's a stuttering effect going on, I have tried everything...: To further elaborate, whenever I start Windows everything stutters for a while, sometimes I can't even game on my machine because this would last the whole day, other times there's no stuttering going on, it is always random. I have used the troubleshooting process, I have...