Windows 10: my games have disappeared saying new codec

Discus and support my games have disappeared saying new codec in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi, i got a new windows laptop and all my games were transferd to the new laptop but when i try to open any of them i get a message saying the path... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shannon James1, Dec 5, 2023.

1. my games have disappeared saying new codec

hi, i got a new windows laptop and all my games were transferd to the new laptop but when i try to open any of them i get a message saying the path doesnt exsit and it has the wrong Codec i cant find a solution. i cant just put the disk back in and start from scratch because my new pc doesnt have a disk player, and how can i download and play from my games cd without that drive?

:)

Shannon James1, Dec 5, 2023
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Dec 5, 2023
  4. my games have disappeared saying new codec

I don't have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec Driver installed on my computer

Hi,

If you want to have the high definition audio codec driver on your computer, we suggest updating your sound driver. Follow the steps below to update sound driver.

• On Start menu and type
      Device Manager
      and press enter.
    • Click Sound, video, and game controllers.
    • Right-click IDT High definition audio codec and
      Update driver.
    • If there are no update available, reinstall the driver by clicking Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

We also suggest updating the chipset driver from your manufacturer's website. Click
    here and
    follow the steps provided to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

my games have disappeared saying new codec

1. my games have disappeared saying new codec - Similar Threads - games disappeared saying

2. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game files have disappeared: After being invited by Microsoft to back up my computer to the cloud I have found that all my Sims 2 game files have disappeared. All I appear to be left with is the default game. How can I recover my files?...
  3. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game files have disappeared: After being invited by Microsoft to back up my computer to the cloud I have found that all my Sims 2 game files have disappeared. All I appear to be left with is the default game. How can I recover my files?...
  4. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my games have disappeared saying new codec

my games have disappeared saying new codec: hi, i got a new windows laptop and all my games were transferd to the new laptop but when i try to open any of them i get a message saying the path doesnt exsit and it has the wrong Codec i cant find a solution. i cant just put the disk back in and start from scratch because...
  6. my games have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my games have disappeared: I have a problem with my games from the xbox app for pc and it is that I changed from windows 11 to windows 10 but the games that I had installed when I switched to windows 10 have disappeared, but I still have the game files and I don't Let me reinstall them because I don't...
  7. my games have disappeared

my games have disappeared: I have a problem with my games from the xbox app for pc and it is that I changed from windows 11 to windows 10 but the games that I had installed when I switched to windows 10 have disappeared, but I still have the game files and I don't Let me reinstall them because I don't...
  8. New codec in A2DP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New codec in A2DP: How to integrate a new codec to A2DP on Windows?What are the guidelines to follow to integrate a codec to A2DP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-codec-in-a2dp/d7d7984a-64f7-4de7-ac8f-09481ed5f8d7
  9. My games have disappeared from my library

My games have disappeared from my library: Hello, I don't know why but ALL my games have disappeared from my library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-games-have-disappeared-from-my-library/17f0b935-51a1-47e3-9057-cdc369876f00
  10. Games have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games have disappeared: I had free cell, hearts , & solitaire on my windows 7 computer. My hard drive went bad & I had a solid state hard drive installed with windows 10. They supposedly pulled all the old data off the bad hard drive, but I can't find those games & I don't know where to look for...