Windows 10: My games in documents folder

Discus and support My games in documents folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi can somebody help me please. I've just recently purchased a new games computer, but I have one small problem, the main C drive is a 128 GB ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greenwood1010, Mar 26, 2020.

1. My games in documents folder

Hi can somebody help me please. I've just recently purchased a new games computer, but I have one small problem, the main C drive is a 128 GB

ssd card. I need to somehow redirect my games in documents folder to the larger hard drive. I have loaded farming simulation 19 and the division 2 DVD games the files I put in the drive but Windows by default puts the game in C drive documents my games. This is using a lot of hard drive space up.. I have searched and it's says that I have to use administrator command prompt can somebody help me please.

:)

Greenwood1010, Mar 26, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Micah Bat Win User

My games in documents folder

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

My games in documents folder

1. My games in documents folder - Similar Threads - games documents folder

2. My Document folder is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Document folder is empty: I created a new user on Computer Management, after which I signed out of excel 2016 and removed my system from domain after which I restarted my system, and when I signed into the new user account I created I tried moving my files from my old user account and my documents...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  5. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Problem with my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with my Documents folder: I recently became aware that something had happened to my system desktop, documents, and pictures folders and they were being redirected to \users\wario\onedrive\ where the desktop/documents/pictures folders really are. I fixed the desktop pretty easily by right clicking the...
  7. Game folders appear on desktop instead of documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game folders appear on desktop instead of documents: Hi, recently I lost a folder of mine and had to look deep in my pc to find it back, but the next day, every game / gamelauncher started to create folders on my desktop. When I played my games I had lost all data, but after some digging I found the exact same folders in my...
  8. Need help restoring Documents/My Games Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help restoring Documents/My Games Folder: So when I got my computer it started uploading everything to Onedrive which pissed me off and I deleted everything from there thinking it'd just, y'know, clear Onedrive. Instead I've lost everything in my Documents folder and got no idea what to do, I need the My Games folder...
  9. My documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents folder: Keeps opening up constantly while I am doing something else...how can I stop this....Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-folder/467e2868-f0b1-44be-b64b-bbc1371d2de1
  10. my documents folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    my documents folder: I am unable to access the my documents folder any information on how to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-folder/371f1ccf-10b6-4320-9926-c5546cf1950e