Windows 10: My games just stopped working

Discus and support My games just stopped working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have no clue what to do anymore I have exhausted my knowledge which probably isn't much, but I up until a week ago I was able to play any game on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlTay16, Jul 15, 2021.

1. AlTay16 Win User

My games just stopped working

I have no clue what to do anymore I have exhausted my knowledge which probably isn't much, but I up until a week ago I was able to play any game on my PC I wanted mostly a bit of Warzone and Civilization VI. Warzone did freeze up quite often which later after doing some research and numerous of angry tweets to activision I realized it was a dev error hackers could do. I also ran a virus scan nothing however now I can't even launch any game on my pc now besides Cities: Skyline and Tropico 6. They will seem like they are loading up but the program just doesn't run no error code besides CIV VI wh

:)

AlTay16, Jul 15, 2021

2. Game stops working

Hi Gina,

Compatibility issue is one of the possible reasons why your game stop working. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any error messages when you're trying to open the game?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Are you having the same issue with all of your games?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to this issue?

Wilfred Mac, Jul 15, 2021
  3. HKShip.exe has stopped working with Sleeping Dogs game on Windows 10

Hi Govindh,

We would be happy to help you with accessing the game on your device.

To assist you better please provide us below details:

• What is the Make and model of your computer?

• Did you purchased the game from windows store?

• Are you able to play any other games on the system?
    Let us try basic troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you are downloading from the website, I suggest you to go to game developer website, check if there are any updated patches found for the game.

If the issue still persist,

Step 2: I request you to uninstall/reinstall the Sleeping Dogs game. Please follow below steps to uninstall the application

1. On the Start menu, select Settings.

2. Select System > Apps & features.

3. Select the program, then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the directions on the screen.

I suggest you to re-install the game and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

After downloading windows 10 Runescape game stopped working and also stopped my internet completely after about 20 minutes

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    As you mentioned that after downloading Windows 10 Run escape stopped working completely, I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Follow the steps below on how to install the Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Keep us posed on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

1. My games just stopped working - Similar Threads - games stopped working

2. My internet just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet just stopped working: I'm using an Dell G15 and basically my internet just stopped working along with airplane mode and battery saver being disabled for no reason. Not sure what to do, all of my other devices are fine in my house. I'm guessing that my wireless connection was disabled or something....
  3. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  4. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  5. My search bar just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  6. My search bar just stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  7. my sound just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sound just suddenly stopped working: hi my sound just stopped working randomly once i restarted my laptop. i looked on google and it said i must enable windows audio in services it was disabled and i enabled it but no sound is coming out my laptop nor my headphones i tried updating the driver. nothing is working...
  8. my sound just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my sound just suddenly stopped working: hi my sound just stopped working randomly once i restarted my laptop. i looked on google and it said i must enable windows audio in services it was disabled and i enabled it but no sound is coming out my laptop nor my headphones i tried updating the driver. nothing is working...
  9. My audio just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio just stopped working.: Two days ago my laptop had a few issues, and on that account I got it fixed by a very well rated IT technician. He brought it back to me and when I opened it today, I saw that it was displaying a red cross on the audio icon. I entered the trouble shooting and it says that one...
  10. Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working.: Hey wonderful world of knowledgeable people. My father purchased Age of Empire off the Microsoft store about 4 months ago and he plays it daily. Today it stopped working and he doesn't know why. So here I am asking for him. Please if anyone can figure this out so he can play...