Windows 10: My games keep on crashing The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...

Discus and support My games keep on crashing The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to fix this before like finding the file and change the permissions to the administrator. I really don't know what is wrong or how I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tomvu456, Oct 3, 2020.

1. tomvu456 Win User

My games keep on crashing The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...

I tried to fix this before like finding the file and change the permissions to the administrator. I really don't know what is wrong or how I am supposed to fix it. The game crashes are telling me that it's my drivers and I tried the newest Nvidia drivers and older gens and even the recent hotfix drivers.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user DESKTOP-DKUD357\tomvu SID S-1-5-21-407613850-3303510567-249226770-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

and this is what it says in the even viewer.

:)

tomvu456, Oct 3, 2020

2. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application

Hello Rob,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with the application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Amuzeini” replied on December 22, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “SE. Mohammed” replied on June 2, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 2012

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Cathy Kong” replied on May 12, 2010 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Oct 3, 2020
  3. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

another

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}

and APPID

{9E175B9C-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}

This is not in the DCOM Config

Dmitriy Zemlyanskiy, Oct 3, 2020
  4. My games keep on crashing The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...

Application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM...

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user mypc\Sly SID (----------------) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

After matching the AppID to a DCOM config COM service I found that the APPID matches to PerAppRuntimeBroker. I have been looking for the fix and most older forums say to give permissions to the NT Authority/System but my computer doesn't seem to have that
    user on it. If I go PerAppRuntimeBroker -> Properties -> Security ->launch and Activation Permission -> Select users or Groups -> Advanced - and select 'find now' with no fields filled out I see a good sized list of users and system accounts non of which list
    NT Authority. the closest I get to that is Local Account, Local account and member of administrators group, and LOCAL SERVICE.

What system account do I need to put in charge of this to make this error go away?

Thanks,

SlyCooperKing, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

My games keep on crashing The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...

1. My games keep on crashing The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local... - Similar Threads - games keep crashing

2. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: On a one-year-old Dell Optiplex standalone, logged in as the administrator running Windows 10 Pro, I'm receiving this error. I have many applications installed and don't have time to reinstall Windows and all my applications.Can you assist with a resolution?The...
  3. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: On a one-year-old Dell Optiplex standalone, logged in as the administrator running Windows 10 Pro, I'm receiving this error. I have many applications installed and don't have time to reinstall Windows and all my applications.Can you assist with a resolution?The...
  4. application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...: Anyone able to translate the M$oft-ese jibberish [below] into actual, comprehensible English? Showing up in EventViewer immediately after launching VLC media player & connecting headphones to PC appears to have prompted PC crash/re-start or possibly unrelated?M$ doc cited by...
  5. application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission ...: Anyone able to translate the M$oft-ese jibberish [below] into actual, comprehensible English? Showing up in EventViewer immediately after launching VLC media player & connecting headphones to PC appears to have prompted PC crash/re-start or possibly unrelated?M$ doc cited by...
  6. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: Hello,I'm desperate for help. About 2 weeks ago I've been experiencing black screens while playing Lost Ark which uses Easy Anti Cheat. These black screens require me to restart my computer. I've been checking the event viewer for possible causes and one error always shows...
  7. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: Hello,I'm desperate for help. About 2 weeks ago I've been experiencing black screens while playing Lost Ark which uses Easy Anti Cheat. These black screens require me to restart my computer. I've been checking the event viewer for possible causes and one error always shows...
  8. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...: I'm having this issue, The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD} and APPID {37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD} to the user...
  9. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the...: Computer tries to boot twice into windows, and on third try runs and unsuccessful repair, and ask to restart or troubleshoot. If I go to troubleshoot then command prompt, run chkdsk on my system drive, it finds no errors to repair but successfully boots afterwards. Here is...
  10. Application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the...

Application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the...: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user mypc\Sly SID (----------------) from address...