Windows 10: My games not running smoothly.

Discus and support My games not running smoothly. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adesh Sekhon, Feb 27, 2024.

1. My games not running smoothly.

I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks good to me.

:)

Adesh Sekhon, Feb 27, 2024

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Game Can't Run Smoothly In Windows 10. Need Help.

Hello Nur,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You might be facing this issue due to the in-compatible graphics card drivers. I suggest you to download the latest graphics card drivers from the manufacturer’s website which is compatible with Windows 10 operating
    system and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to install the graphic card drivers in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Download the latest driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website or locate the downloaded driver setup file of the previous operating system in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      properties

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select
      Windows 10
      operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 27, 2024
  4. My games not running smoothly.

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

My games not running smoothly.

1. My games not running smoothly. - Similar Threads - games running smoothly

2. My games not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  3. microsoft version of a game wont run smooth game runs perfect on steam please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft version of a game wont run smooth game runs perfect on steam please help: hello, im a gamer that plays fishing planet on xbox and on steam i recently decided to download fishing planet for windows on the same computer i run fishing planet on steam. while i play the game on max graphics settings on steam with no issues i cannot run the windows...
  4. microsoft version of a game wont run smooth game runs perfect on steam please help

microsoft version of a game wont run smooth game runs perfect on steam please help: hello, im a gamer that plays fishing planet on xbox and on steam i recently decided to download fishing planet for windows on the same computer i run fishing planet on steam. while i play the game on max graphics settings on steam with no issues i cannot run the windows...
  5. Windows 10 not running smoothly

Windows 10 not running smoothly: Hello everyoneI have an HP PC running windows 10 Home version 21H2 with 4GB of RAM I just upgraded it from 2GB. I just clean installed it 7 days ago but the problem I had with it before clean installing is what am having again. I'm running windows 10 Pro version 1809 before...
  6. Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer?: Hello, I switched to Linux a year ago because of the poor performance I had with Windows 10. Now, mainly because of software compatibility, I am wondering, will Windows 10 run smoothly on my computer? Maybe it was because of too many processes or a less optimised version that...
  7. Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?: We all know that every software or game released has some minimum requirements. How ever we all know the fact that the minimum requirements publish in the website is very misleading and the performance of that product seems very sluggish. I want an honest answer about will...
  8. Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?

Will windows 11 run smooth on my computer?: We all know that every software or game released has some minimum requirements. How ever we all know the fact that the minimum requirements publish in the website is very misleading and the performance of that product seems very sluggish. I want an honest answer about will...
  9. My PC not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC not running smoothly.: Im not sure what was happening to my pc lately. Just 2 days ago I'm found that my pc not functioning properly. Im using Windows 10. Suddenly the PC very late shut down. So i just switch off directly. Well next day the pc not able to switch on. Later it's switch on. Many...
  10. Why my computer doesn't run games smoothly anymore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer doesn't run games smoothly anymore?: I dont know what started this, but suddenly when i start playing games my pc doesn't run them as smoothly as it should and my cpu and gpu usages goes higher than they should. Examples like cs go runs normally 250-300 fps but now it drops sometimes to even 120fps. Apex legends...