Windows 10: My games started lagging after installing new HDD

Discus and support My games started lagging after installing new HDD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there folk's. So I have a dell G5 laptop i7-8th gen with 1060 maxQ design graphic card. A few weeks back I decided to extend my storage from 1TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Azwinrox, May 10, 2020.

1. Azwinrox Win User

My games started lagging after installing new HDD

Hello there folk's. So I have a dell G5 laptop i7-8th gen with 1060 maxQ design graphic card. A few weeks back I decided to extend my storage from 1TB to 2TB as this is the max upgrade option possible for my laptop. After installing the new HDD I tried to copy past all the files from my old HDD to the new one. Once the process was complete I try to run some game from steam and it Didn't work so I decided to delete the games and reinstall them again. And after this they all worked and the main issue started. My games lag for 10-15 seconds every now and then. I don't know how to resolve this. It would be a great help if you guys could suggest me something. Thank you.

:)

Azwinrox, May 10, 2020

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 10, 2020
  3. Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, May 10, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. My games started lagging after installing new HDD - Similar Threads - games started lagging

2. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  3. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  4. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Games started to lag extremely after my pc crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games started to lag extremely after my pc crashed: Yesterday i was playing a game on my pc, nothing out of ordinary. No errors or anything, but then it suddenly crashed and gave me a blue screen. I couldn't even close the computer so i unplugged it. When i reopened, the said game was so slow that i couldn't even open it. But...
  6. Games started to lag extremely after my pc crashed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games started to lag extremely after my pc crashed: Yesterday i was playing a game on my pc, nothing out of ordinary. No errors or anything, but then it suddenly crashed and gave me a blue screen. I couldn't even close the computer so i unplugged it. When i reopened, the said game was so slow that i couldn't even open it. But...
  7. Games started to lag extremely after my pc crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Old games lag on my new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games lag on my new PC: I have a hard time running games pre-dating 2007 over 30 fps. However I can run newer games on a much higher fps. I tried running games in compatibility mode but the lag still persists. The games that I'm trying to play right now is Far Cry 1 and HALO 2...
  9. Desktop Won't Start With New HDD Installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Won't Start With New HDD Installed: Have a new hard drive, which I think needs to be formatted. I've tried to install it in two different desktops and with it installed neither one of them would start. Does that indicate something is wrong with the hard drive or is there something else I can do?...
  10. Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.: Hey so I've been having this problem for a while and I've tried lots of things to try and fix it which none of them have worked. Clean installed windows twice Reinstalled through a flash drive Tried different Ram and Graphics cards I don't believe it is a hardware problem...