Windows 10: My games will not work

Discus and support My games will not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just got my Acer and after I had made sure that everything was updated and working properly I downloaded of my favorite games. but out of all of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DEADLY583, Sep 30, 2019.

1. DEADLY583 Win User

My games will not work

Just got my Acer and after I had made sure that everything was updated and working properly I downloaded of my favorite games. but out of all of them only 1 works. One instantly crashes and goes to a black screen, one wont load at all, and the third will give the title load screen and freeze right there. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, ran diagnostics on each and nothing comes on. I don't know what is wrong, please help!!

:)

DEADLY583, Sep 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 30, 2019
  3. My PC games are not working anymore what a disaster!!!

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility with
    Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 30, 2019
  4. My games will not work

Games not working under Windows 10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue might cause due to compatibility issues of the game with Windows 10. So, I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

My games will not work

1. My games will not work - Similar Threads - games

2. how do i download a game windows 95 on windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i download a game windows 95 on windows 10 laptop: I need help downloading a windows 95 game onto windows 10 laptop, can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-a-game-windows-95-on-windows-10/624620bc-3427-4637-aec4-733aad52363c
  3. my laptop shutsdown while gaming and have low display memry of 128 mb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop shutsdown while gaming and have low display memry of 128 mb: hello everyone i have acer laptop with 16 gb ram.. recently while gaming my laptop shuts down automatically while gaming and i run DirectX diagnostic tool and found out that its shows my approx. total memory at 8277mb and display memory at 128mb ..i was wondering if that...
  4. Game Rust Graphic Bug help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Rust Graphic Bug help: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326127048156250123/633736634747322368/download.png i have this issue with rust when i join a server i hear sound and everything but grey screen is it my graphics driver or ? i dont know what to do i just wanna play with friends...
  5. Windows Microsoft Minsaweeper and Ultimate Word Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Microsoft Minsaweeper and Ultimate Word Games: Since the last update, my subscriptions to Microsoft Ultimate Word Games and Microsoft Minesweeper have gone back to unpaid subscriptions and even though they say I am still subscribed and to play them through the X-Box game bar, it is still acting as if they need to be paid...
  6. Next Week on Xbox: New Games for October 21 to 25 Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Next Week on Xbox: New Games for October 21 to 25 Xbox: Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out what’s coming soon to Xbox One, read on below and click on...
  7. Unable to log in to microsoft store and games that use xbox live

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log in to microsoft store and games that use xbox live: Hello, I can't login to my Microsoft account in the store and I tried it with the xbox app. The xbox console companion app said: "We were unable to sign in to Xbox Live" and "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." The store app...
  8. Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens: Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error): Faulting...
  9. Cannot install Microft Ultimate Word Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Microft Ultimate Word Games: Cannot install Micsroft Ultimate Word Games on my Windows 10 PC. I get Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80246019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-microft-ultimate-word-games/8d290e04-cc37-4c6d-9b91-b942a37a5b20
  10. How do I link my games on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I link my games on my PC?: Okay so I know some people that ask how to link their games. Honestly I don't know. And for that I need some help off people. So if you ever see this and know how to link games on the PC, please tell me,as I am struggling for research...