Windows 10: My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help.

Discus and support My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I open a window, it freezes, the taskbar doesn't work properly, I can't click the shut down button, I am not sure what to do, and whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Omar-Whatever, May 5, 2020.

1. My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help.

Whenever I open a window, it freezes, the taskbar doesn't work properly, I can't click the shut down button, I am not sure what to do, and whenever I play I have stutters and problems for some reason.

submitted by /u/Omar-Whatever
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Omar-Whatever, May 5, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, May 5, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, May 5, 2020
  4. My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help.

Game is running slowely on my Laptop.

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

This issue could have occurred due to:

• Outdated driver

• Third party software conflicts.
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run System Maintenance troubleshooter which helps to find and clean up unused files, shortcuts, and perform maintenance tasks.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows and X key together and select
    Control Panel.

2. Click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

4. Click on System Maintenance option.

5. Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Free up drive space in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Step 3: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and download and install latest drivers.

Refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Step 4: Let us try to place the computer in
    Clean Boot state and try playing the game.

A Clean Boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot
    or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Refer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal mode.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 5, 2020
Thema:

My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help.

1. My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help. - Similar Threads - gaming laptop became

2. My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.: My laptop spec cpu i3 7th and 4 ram gpu intel hd 620The laptop is not even consuming half of my ram and so slow to process any thing i can't even open the startup button without waiting like 10 min and it crashes I tried all possible solutions 1-using cmd and press scannow...
  3. My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.: My laptop spec cpu i3 7th and 4 ram gpu intel hd 620The laptop is not even consuming half of my ram and so slow to process any thing i can't even open the startup button without waiting like 10 min and it crashes I tried all possible solutions 1-using cmd and press scannow...
  4. My laptop became so slow after an optional windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 10 became slow after gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 became slow after gaming: so i had this problem recently when ever i run a game after minutes windows became terribly slow i don't kown why it just drops fps becames laggy even when i close the game it still laggy the refresh takes too long icons also takes too long load i've tried every thing desk...
  6. windows 10 became slow after gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 became slow after gaming: so i had this problem recently when ever i run a game after minutes windows became terribly slow i don't kown why it just drops fps becames laggy even when i close the game it still laggy the refresh takes too long icons also takes too long load i've tried every thing desk...
  7. PC became so slow its unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC became so slow its unusable.: So my PC was running fine up until last week. All of a sudden I went to turn it on, when it starts up it is too slow and laggy to do anything. I can't even open my settings. Is this a Virus or is there some other problem?...
  8. PC became so slow its unusable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC became so slow its unusable.: So my PC was running fine up until last week. All of a sudden I went to turn it on, when it starts up it is too slow and laggy to do anything. I can't even open my settings. Is this a Virus or is there some other problem?...
  9. Windows became so slow and lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows became so slow and lagging: It was ok before, but when I open 2 or tabs in chrome. It shows no memory close some programs. I searched YouTube and i changed virtual memory and restarted. But then onwards it was super slow and lagging. It was not opening settings also and mouse pointer is not even moving....
  10. My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update.: Yesterday like any other update notification, a notification said there is a new feature update. So without thinking much I updated it. It took like two hours to install. After the reboot, my laptop is barely working. I don’t think it’s the specs cause I got good enough specs...