Windows 10: My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

Discus and support My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lauro Lorriper, Feb 26, 2024.

1. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect will just drop from 100+ too 5fps.I tried to elevate it, use my fan near it so it cools off but nothing seems to do anything, maybe sitting closer to my window but even then I don't know.I don't have a error message file or any logs.I'm guessing it's a thermal throttling issue but tbh i'm not sure, I feel like my fans aren't

:)

Lauro Lorriper, Feb 26, 2024

2. Laptop (HP Pavilion Gaming - 16a0xxx) suddenly started lagging over night. Lags on Google, youtube, reddit, and games.

Laptop started lagging over night. Posting this before work, so hopefully someone will comment.

Things I've tried..

• Going to device manager and right clicking all to try to update. No updates for anything.
    • Searching for PC updates. PC doesn't need updating.
    • Posting on other forums - no one else could help, sadly.
    • Restarting laptop. Doesn't fix issue.
    • Leaving laptop turned off for 8+ hours. Doesn't fix issue.
    • Literally checking to see if anything needed updating. Nothing needed updating.
    Exact symptoms..

• Lagging on any tab.
    • Audio chops when switching from YouTube to another tab.
    • Lagging on more than 2+ tabs open.
    • Lags if even one tab is open.
    • Slower to start up.
    • Playing games, even on low settings, and older games, is nearly impossible due to lag.
    • If two tabs are open, and I try to close one, it takes 20+ seconds to do so. Same goes for switching tabs.
    I've not downloaded anything new, I've got 7.8gb of 8.0gb of space left, so it isn't that.

I just need help, please.

Tara_Danielle, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Feb 26, 2024
  4. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

Laptop (HP Pavilion Gaming - 16a0xxx) suddenly started lagging over night. Lags on Google, youtube, reddit, and games.

Hello! Thank you for getting back with me!

My graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650. There is also an Intel(R) UHD Graphics. The PC isn't lagging on just browsers and games - it's lagging when it comes to everything, sadly.

I'll go ahead and try both things you've suggested, and I'll get back if they work or don't work. Again, thank you!

Tara_Danielle, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

1. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while - Similar Threads - gaming laptop starts

2. my windows 10 pc suddenly starts lagging playing games for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 pc suddenly starts lagging playing games for a while: Everything starts off fine when i boot up the game and start playing but then suddenly after a while 20-30 minutes later it suddenly starts lagging intensely. I dont know why this happens or whats causing it to happen, I have already updated my graphics card drivers and...
  3. my windows 10 pc suddenly starts lagging playing games for a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my windows 10 pc suddenly starts lagging playing games for a while: Everything starts off fine when i boot up the game and start playing but then suddenly after a while 20-30 minutes later it suddenly starts lagging intensely. I dont know why this happens or whats causing it to happen, I have already updated my graphics card drivers and...
  4. Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  5. Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  6. Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

7. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  8. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  9. My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden

My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden: Hello, I have a gaming pc with rtx 4090 and it is really fast before serveral months ago but now it starts to become really slow, even I have a internet connection with 235mbps, its still lagging and i have to restart the pc serveral times and its still lagging so now i cant...
  10. My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden: Hello, I have a gaming pc with rtx 4090 and it is really fast before serveral months ago but now it starts to become really slow, even I have a internet connection with 235mbps, its still lagging and i have to restart the pc serveral times and its still lagging so now i cant...