Windows 10: My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers

Discus and support My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Many months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in the process somehow changed the gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hadrionics Man, Oct 20, 2021.

1. My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers

Hi. Many months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in the process somehow changed the gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset it. Using calibrate display colour, I am able to fix it, but as soon as I restart my PC or go into sleep mode, it resets back to the weird setting. Additionally, when my PC first starts up, while I can move the gamma slider, whenever I do so it goes back to the weird setting in an epileptic way, before letting me change it after a while about a minute. I have spent months trying to find solutions, and even posted on this forum. I tried updati

:)

Hadrionics Man, Oct 20, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Graphics Driver failing/reinstalling (Intel (R) HD Graphics Ver. 8.15.10.2900

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Refer the link below to download drivers for Intel.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Gamma Calibration issue

Hey, I'm trying to change my gamma settings for Rust. And I use the windows "Calibrate Display Color" feature

and I change my gamma, but the moment it changes, it immediately resets back to default settings. My Graphics driver is AMD Radeon. And my computer is a HP Pavilion, with a HP 27xw IPS LED backlit monitor. I've used apps that use gamma calibration and it does
    the same thing where the moment its gamma is changed, the monitor instantly sets it back to normal/default. I need help

LionOfSteel, Oct 20, 2021
  4. larc919 Win User

My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers

Losing gamma setting with monitor sleep

Thanks for responding, nIGHTmAYOR.

Gamma. Brightness and gamma settings are different.

I'm talking about the gamma setting in Windows Display Color Calibration, resulting in an sRGB color profile. Hence, my question about whether it's better to use that or Nvidia Control Panel for such settings.

larc919, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers

1. My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers - Similar Threads - gamma settings are

2. My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers: Hello. Several months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard and somehow changed my gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset it. Using calibrate display colour, I am able to fix it, but as soon as I restart my PC, go into sleep mode or even open a game, it...
  3. My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers: Hello. Several months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard and somehow changed my gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset it. Using calibrate display colour, I am able to fix it, but as soon as I restart my PC, go into sleep mode or even open a game, it...
  4. My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My monitor`s gamma is messed up after installing the latest drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor`s gamma is messed up after installing the latest drivers: So I installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my graphics card 3 days ago before i didnt have any problems like that. All went pretty normal for the first about 30 minutes when I started watching youtube and my whole screen gamma went really low and my screen got really dark...
  6. My monitor`s gamma is messed up after installing the latest drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor`s gamma is messed up after installing the latest drivers: So I installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my graphics card 3 days ago before i didnt have any problems like that. All went pretty normal for the first about 30 minutes when I started watching youtube and my whole screen gamma went really low and my screen got really dark...
  7. My monitor`s gamma is messed up after installing the latest drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers: Hi. Many months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in the process somehow changed the gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset it. Using calibrate display colour, I am able to fix it, but as soon as I restart my PC or go into sleep mode, it resets...
  9. My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    My gamma settings are messed even after reinstalling graphics drivers: Hi. Many months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in the process somehow changed the gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset it. Using calibrate display colour, I am able to fix it, but as soon as I restart my PC or go into sleep mode, it resets...
  10. My gamma settings are broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gamma settings are broken: Hi. I have been trying to solve this issue for months now to no avail, and have finally decided to make a public post about it. A few months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in doing so somehow changed the gamma settings in a way that I have been unable to properly reset...