Windows 10: my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

Discus and support my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kakitha manoj, Mar 21, 2023.

1. my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me

:)

kakitha manoj, Mar 21, 2023

2. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Mar 21, 2023
  4. my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

Changing the sleep button

Whenever I press f1, my computer goes to sleep, which is annoying as I use the key for gaming. A temporary fix was to turn the sleep button option off but now when I press f1, it doesnt do anything. Is there a way I can change it?

EuanLawrence, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

1. my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button - Similar Threads - gateway continuously restarting

2. my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button: My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me...
  3. my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button: My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me...
  4. my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button: My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me...
  6. my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button: My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me...
  7. Its in restart loop unless I keep any key continuously pressed

Its in restart loop unless I keep any key continuously pressed: So I read about the window 11 update available,Decided to give it a go on my genuine copy of windows 10.Now the computer is stuck in a restart loop and the moment I enter password in the lock screen it just boots again.I am not sure if it is even upgraded to windows 11 or...
  8. Its in restart loop unless I keep any key continuously pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Its in restart loop unless I keep any key continuously pressed: So I read about the window 11 update available,Decided to give it a go on my genuine copy of windows 10.Now the computer is stuck in a restart loop and the moment I enter password in the lock screen it just boots again.I am not sure if it is even upgraded to windows 11 or...
  9. The Default Gateway is not available continuously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Gateway is not available continuously: In Windows 10 , continuously the WIFI gets dropped and the message "The Default Gateway is not available " .Running the trouble shooting fixes the error but only temporarily . This network works fine with Other devices . Also the laptop does not face the same issue when...
  10. PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button: Hi, My computer has been having problem shutdown completely. Whenever I clicked “shutdown”, the screen would turn dark, but the PC was still running because I could hear the fan, and my headset’s light was on (usually when it was completely shutdown, the light of the...