Windows 10: my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

Discus and support my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kakitha manoj, Mar 21, 2023.

1. my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me

:)

kakitha manoj, Mar 21, 2023

2. My Asus laptop continually loses internet connection and won't reconnect unless it's restarted.

Yes I did my best to follow the steps in the link provided. The wlan report I posted here, as I have no idea what it means.

I followed these steps below while I was connected and got this:

my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button 832dc3dc-6f7c-4069-a98f-0f372677f8f1.jpg

I also tried doing this step right after my connection went out (before doing the restart) and at that time there was no default gateway listed.

AngeliaR55, Mar 21, 2023
  3. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Ruz San Win User

my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

No off button when in sleep mode

Hi Larry,

This may be caused by missing or corrupted system files on your laptop. We'd like to know a few things to know what suggestion will work best for you. Please answer the following questions:

• Do you see the other options on the screen when you wake your laptop from sleep?
    • Do you see the power button on the sign-in page when you boot up the device?

We suggest you run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files that may have caused the power button to disappear. You can click this

link
    to know how the tool works and how you can use it on your laptop. Restart your device afterwards and see if the problem will still be present.

If you still encounter the issue, see this
    page
    for the next steps. Follow DavidBaker85's suggestions.

We hope the recommendations above bring back the power button on your laptop's sign-in page.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

1. my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button - Similar Threads - gateway laptop continuously

2. my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button: My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me...
  3. my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my gateway laptop is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button: My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me...
  4. my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button: My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me...
  5. my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button: My laptop is continuously restarting to the gateway logo screen so that it functions properly I have to keep holding f1/sleep button. please help me...
  6. my gateway is continuously restarting unless i hold on f1/sleep button

7. Gateway Laptop continues to shut itself off

Gateway Laptop continues to shut itself off: Hello, I had to turn my PC out of S Mode in order to complete schooling that I was doing online. Ever since I did this, my Gateway computer running Windows 11 continues to shut off randomly and it takes 3-4 reboots to actually get the computer back to the login screen. The...
  8. Restarting on laptop continual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting on laptop continual: I have recently 1 week had Windows 10 installed on laptop, today continual restarting appears. I have shut down but then white button continues to flash. I have looked at other comments but none of the actions mentioned work. I cannot type anything. The laptop has been closed...
  9. Restarting on laptop continual

Restarting on laptop continual: I have recently 1 week had Windows 10 installed on laptop, today continual restarting appears. I have shut down but then white button continues to flash. I have looked at other comments but none of the actions mentioned work. I cannot type anything. The laptop has been closed...
  10. PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button: Hi, My computer has been having problem shutdown completely. Whenever I clicked “shutdown”, the screen would turn dark, but the PC was still running because I could hear the fan, and my headset’s light was on (usually when it was completely shutdown, the light of the...