Windows 10: My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the...

Discus and support My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All users on a shared computer I am using are having the same standard generic account icons, except for me. My icon looks like a card with a person... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Milos Krsmanovic, Feb 4, 2023.

1. My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the...

All users on a shared computer I am using are having the same standard generic account icons, except for me. My icon looks like a card with a person symbol on it, and two antenna-like lines coming out of the card. Screenshots look like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet.Why does my icon look different? Is my account different from the other two users'?

:)

Milos Krsmanovic, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 4, 2023
  3. File sharing between users at different locations

Apologies for the delay in response. You can use the Advance Sharing option to provide access to specific people on the network. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Right-click on the drive or folder that you wish to share.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click on the Sharing tab.
    4. On the Sharing tab, click on Advanced Sharing.
    5. Tick on the check box beside Share this folder.
    6. Click on Permissions.
    7. A window will pop out with the name Permissions for <insert folder or drive name here>.
    8. Under Group or user names, click on Add.
    9. From here you can type-in the name of the user under Enter the object names to select.
    10. By default, the system will list the available profiles within the system.
    11. If the user is not available in your computer, click on Advanced.
    12. Click on Locations and select the location on where the system is going to look for the profile in another computer in the network. (e.g. desktop or laptop)
    13. Click Find Now and a list below is going to be populated.
    14. Under Search results, look for the user profile that you wish to provide access.
    15. Once you have specified a user to provide access, click on OK.
    16. Click OK again.
    17. Back at the window with the name Permissions for <insert folder or drive name here>, you will see the newly added account.
    18. Under Group or user names, highlight on the newly added profile.
    19. Under Permissions for <name of the user profile>, you can tick on the check boxes to provide
      Full Control, Change/Edit, or Read
      only priviledges for that user account.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Gerald Vit, Feb 4, 2023
  4. INSTG8R Win User

My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the...

Request: Block User List

If you go to the users Profile in the User List drop down there is "Add to Ignore List". Not sure that covers PM's or the whole forum in general.

INSTG8R, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the...

1. My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the... - Similar Threads - generic user icon

2. My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the...: All users on a shared computer I am using are having the same standard generic account icons, except for me. My icon looks like a card with a person symbol on it, and two antenna-like lines coming out of the card. Screenshots look like this: Imgur: The magic of the...
  3. My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My generic user icon on a shared computer is different than other users' - what is the...: All users on a shared computer I am using are having the same standard generic account icons, except for me. My icon looks like a card with a person symbol on it, and two antenna-like lines coming out of the card. Screenshots look like this: Imgur: The magic of the...
  4. One user account slower than others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One user account slower than others: Hi.I have multiple user accounts on my windows and only one is being slow and from time to time unresponsive. The Start menu sometimes doesn't pop up and there are other strange things happening but again, only on one user account, the other accounts are good. Any ideas why...
  5. C;\Users Folder Icon Different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C;\Users Folder Icon Different: If I look at the content of my C: drive in the Windows Explorer, it looks like this:All views are like this except Details and List. Why does the Users folder use a different icon in all other views? I tried to change the icon in Properties/Customize, but regardless of the...
  6. C;\Users Folder Icon Different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C;\Users Folder Icon Different: If I look at the content of my C: drive in the Windows Explorer, it looks like this:All views are like this except Details and List. Why does the Users folder use a different icon in all other views? I tried to change the icon in Properties/Customize, but regardless of the...
  7. Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user: Hi, For a kiosk user running ShellLauncher with custom .NET desktop app i would like to set the keyboard layout to be different than the default input locale. The kiosk user needs a danish keyboard layout (with US language). The default input locale is set to en-US. The...
  8. Windows 10: How to access a file share as a different user than the local user?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: How to access a file share as a different user than the local user?: I have a Windows 7 PC. Let's name it server. A share on server can be accessed as user A. I also have a Windows 10 PC, named client. I am logged on to clientas user B and want to access user A's share on server. On Windows 7 and earlier clients, I can provide user A's...
  9. Network File Sharing - Different Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network File Sharing - Different Users: I'm trying to understand the latest W10 ver. 1803 network file sharing, like I've been trying to do with all other Windows versions since Windows began. I think I've boiled it down to a simple question: There are two networked computers named "BLUE" and "YELLOW". Blue has...
  10. Share Microsoft Edge Settings with other Computer Users.

in Browsers and Email
    Share Microsoft Edge Settings with other Computer Users.: I would like to share Microsoft Edge settings with other users on the same Computer in the same domain. Does anyone know how to? 70686