Windows 10: My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership

Discus and support My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There,As the title says, my son did something he "thought" was a good idea so he could access a file. While he is very, very intelligent, what he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by avasture, Dec 3, 2022.

1. avasture Win User

My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership

Hi There,As the title says, my son did something he "thought" was a good idea so he could access a file. While he is very, very intelligent, what he did essentially broke a lot of things on my PC. To access this file he needed, he changed ownership of my entire C:\ drive to my main user. We're talking the drive, all folders, subfolders, files, etc. You name it, ownership is now all mine.... SYSTEM, TrustedInstaller, Administrators, all of it, is now my user account. Yay.....My question is this, is there a way to restore proper ownership to files/folders/etc. back to how Windows needs them to b

:)

avasture, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Gino Des Win User

Changed Ownership of C:\ and Can't Fix

Hi Greg,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you with this concern, we would like to know the following information:

• Which account is the new owner of the C drive?
    • Are you using an account with administrator rights?
    • Have you tried changing the ownership back to yourself?

In the meantime, let's try taking back the ownership by following the steps provided by
    BurrWalnut in the following thread:
    Is there a way to take ownership of my C drive?

You may also perform a repair upgrade using a
    Creators Update ISO
    file. This method can repair broken operating system files while preserving your files, settings and installed applications. For more information and steps on how to perform a repair upgrade, kindly refer to the wiki article created
    by Andre Da Costa on the following link:
    How to perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 3, 2022
  4. tigger Win User

Genius Announces DeathTaker MMO and RTS Gaming Mouse

In the uk I have always associated Genius with cheap keyboards and mixe, this is a step up for them.

tigger, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

1. My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership - Similar Threads - Genius Son Changed

2. My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership: Hi There,As the title says, my son did something he "thought" was a good idea so he could access a file. While he is very, very intelligent, what he did essentially broke a lot of things on my PC. To access this file he needed, he changed ownership of my entire C:\ drive to...
  3. My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership: Hi There,As the title says, my son did something he "thought" was a good idea so he could access a file. While he is very, very intelligent, what he did essentially broke a lot of things on my PC. To access this file he needed, he changed ownership of my entire C:\ drive to...
  4. Changing PC ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing PC ownership: I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft...
  5. Changing PC ownership

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing PC ownership: I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft...
  6. A whole lot of windows explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A whole lot of windows explorer: Hey all, I was playing Call of duty yesterday when suddenly I started stuttering like crazy, I checked task manager to be surprised with an insane amount of windows explorers taking up my gpu and memory. I've tried doing disk cleanups and other scans but nothing seems to be...
  7. How do i change ownership of my computer to my son?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i change ownership of my computer to my son?: How do i change ownership of my computer to my son? When he signs into the computer under his own passwords, he still sees all my activity....
  8. Questions for geniuses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions for geniuses: So I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with an i5 7000hq and a Gtx graphics card, I think 1080, but my computer struggles a bit. 2 years ago when I got it I downloaded Fortnite and it ran at 60fps which is alright but now I don’t play that, however now my brother uses my computer...
  9. change ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    change ownership: I am giving a friend my old laptop how do I change the name of the computer and change the lock screen and create a new admin acct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ownership/3b3af5b9-868f-473e-8705-9126a83dc9d6
  10. Changing ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing ownership: Does changing ownership creates problems? I'm still not able to remove grayscale of encryption in advanced security menu. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ownership/e4bf2f9e-2046-43cd-b02c-0a888279b521