Windows 10: My GPU came overclocked, is it possible to bring it back down to regular speeds?

Discus and support My GPU came overclocked, is it possible to bring it back down to regular speeds? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am building a gaming desktop and just finished. My gigabyte geforce gtx 1650 came overclocked. I am unable to boot into my windows installer without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by squishboii, Sep 28, 2020.

1. My GPU came overclocked, is it possible to bring it back down to regular speeds?

I am building a gaming desktop and just finished. My gigabyte geforce gtx 1650 came overclocked. I am unable to boot into my windows installer without it crashing with a bsod. Each time with a different reason. Ive looked up each code and every timenit comes ip with something to do with my graphics card. Is there any was to underclock it from my bios or something?

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

squishboii, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    My GPU is heavily under performing, please help!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of GPU?

• Do you face this issue only with this game or all the game?
    I suggest you to use the same GPU in different computer and check if the issue persist.

As you mentioned that you have overclocked the CPU, Microsoft does not recommend overclocking the CPU.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Sep 28, 2020
  4. My GPU came overclocked, is it possible to bring it back down to regular speeds?

When overclocking Windows and all games increase in "speed"

Whenever I overclock my CPU in my system windows appears to run at x2ish speed...but not the right kind of speed. The same happens for games. The characters appear to run at twice the speed they should compared to normal! This is quite annoying especially
    if I want to gain a few extra frames while playing or need to use my system for rendering.

CPU: i7 930

Original Clock: 2.8GHz

Overclock: 4.2GHz

Memory: 18Gb

Ram Freq: 1600~MHz

I know it is the overclocking that is causing this problem but I don't know why or how to cure this to allow me to overclock.

JoshuaBufton, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

My GPU came overclocked, is it possible to bring it back down to regular speeds?

1. My GPU came overclocked, is it possible to bring it back down to regular speeds? - Similar Threads - GPU came overclocked

2. could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate you copilot into himSent by you: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate copilot into him...
  3. could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate you copilot into himSent by you: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate copilot into him...
  4. BSOD CAME BACK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CAME BACK: Hi BSODS back so I dont know what to do, last night I remove Nvidia HD Audio because its causing bsod to my laptop and now its back, I used DDU multiple times tried different versions of GPU Drivers and still cant play. Mainly valorant and Genshin but i think 1650 ti works...
  5. BSOD CAME BACK

BSOD CAME BACK: Hi BSODS back so I dont know what to do, last night I remove Nvidia HD Audio because its causing bsod to my laptop and now its back, I used DDU multiple times tried different versions of GPU Drivers and still cant play. Mainly valorant and Genshin but i think 1650 ti works...
  6. Respected sir / Madam, is it possible to bring back Windows 8 back to my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Respected sir / Madam, is it possible to bring back Windows 8 back to my system: Respected sir / Madam, At present I am using windows 10, Very recently my system crashed and loaded windows 10 operating system , present it shows the " My license is expired " every time it shows like that , The thing is : When i bought this laptop I got genuine windows 8...
  7. Respected sir / Madam, is it possible to bring back Windows 8 back to my system

Respected sir / Madam, is it possible to bring back Windows 8 back to my system: Respected sir / Madam, At present I am using windows 10, Very recently my system crashed and loaded windows 10 operating system , present it shows the " My license is expired " every time it shows like that , The thing is : When i bought this laptop I got genuine windows 8...
  8. Respected sir / Madam, is it possible to bring back Windows 8 back to my system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Time to bring it down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Time to bring it down: I think it’s time to taks some $$$$from Microsoft, they are purposly messing with the publics computers and this has got to stop, what do you think? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-to-bring-it-down/6a478b94-ddc8-4b07-b0ed-6fdcdf628c7b
  10. Possible overclocking or bad graphics card?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Possible overclocking or bad graphics card?: Within the past week, my PC started cutting off during one specific game. It initially started immediately after the game loaded, but now it happens randomly during the duration of the game, sometimes once, sometimes twice, sometimes never. Things that don't make sense to...