Windows 10: My Graphics card broke, now some Microsoft apps and services don't work

Discus and support My Graphics card broke, now some Microsoft apps and services don't work in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My GPU broke, so I replaced it, but ever since it broke certain apps and features aren't working. When my PC turns on I get a notification saying... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Luka8, May 5, 2020.

1. Luka8 Win User

My Graphics card broke, now some Microsoft apps and services don't work

My GPU broke, so I replaced it, but ever since it broke certain apps and features aren't working.

When my PC turns on I get a notification saying "there is a problem with your microsoft account", it then suggests I log in to fix the problem, then I try it and a box flashes up three times and that's it.

The apps that don't work are Microsoft Store, Get Help, Messaging, News, Tips and maybe more and they all come up with a message similar to "Something went wrong, it can't load, check your conection, try again later".

Clicking on some settings in the start menu either does nothing or brings up a lot of symbols and says "File system error".

Windows update also doesn't work and says it "We couldn't connect to the update service".

I have tried "sfc /scannow" and it said there was nothing wrong, and I have tried doing an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 and the problem stayed the same. I I couldn't find a right "Windows topic" top put this under.

:)

Luka8, May 5, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 5, 2020
  3. Luka8 Win User
    Microsoft apps and audio not working after graphics card broke

When/How the problem happened

Weeks ago my PC seemingly broke, I had to plug my monitor into my motherboard and then boot it in safe mode with networking to be able to use it. After all the help from AMD support they could give me I realised my GPU had definitely broken, so I got rid
    of all AMD drivers so my PC would stop using my GPU so I could boot outside of safe mode, I also took my GPU out soon after.

I also noticed my PC now wouldn't output any sound and a lot of the microsoft apps wouldn't work along with some other random problems, I assumed that would all fix once I put in a working GPU, so I bought a new one since I needed an upgrade anyway.

Problem details

-I put the new working GPU in, got all the Sapphire and AMD drivers up to date, and got all my audio drivers up to date, and I tried "sfc /scannow" in Command Prompt, my graphics card works fine but my sound and microsoft apps still don't since the last
    one broke.

-If I click the sound icon it troubleshoots and says "detecting problems" then says "one or more audio service isn't running" and that's it.

-Most settings say "no input/output/audio devices installed/plugged in the system" or they say "Windows Audio Service is not enabled" and then if I enable it nothing changes.

-If I go to "Administrative tools" then "services", Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is running and starts automatically but Windows Audio won't start and says
    "windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 0x80070005: access is denied".

-I often get notifications saying there's a problem with my microsoft account, it then suggests I log in, then I try it and some boxes flash and that's it.

-The apps that aren't working are: Get Help, Messaging, News, Store, Tips and probably a few more.

I saw someone say that they couldn't fix their problem with "Administrative tools" one of the few ways because they didn't have a microsoft account so maybe my problems are linked, they did seemingly start at the same time. Also I couldn't find a good Windows
    topic to put this problem under.

Luka8, May 5, 2020
  4. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. My Graphics card broke, now some Microsoft apps and services don't work - Similar Threads - Graphics card broke

2. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card not working: The hdmi port doesn’t show display and the graphics card is not detected in device manager. This started after I cleaned my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-not-working/d4b58984-af35-4385-8c7f-10a3a2ece86a
  3. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card not working: My graphics card fans aren’t spinning. Nor does it show up in the task manager. I swapped out the gpu and that one worked fine. This problem started after I cleaned the gpu....
  4. Graphics Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card Not Working: I recently, accidentally broke my SSD. I got my Win 10 working on the new SSD. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get the video card to work. Its a GeForce GTX 1060. When I remove the graphics card and run HDMI out from the motherboard, it works fine. But, when I install...
  5. Graphics Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Not Working: I recently, accidentally broke my SSD. I got my Win 10 working on the new SSD. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get the video card to work. Its a GeForce GTX 1060. When I remove the graphics card and run HDMI out from the motherboard, it works fine. But, when I install...
  6. Graphic Card is not working

Graphic Card is not working: I have bought ASUS Zenbook Model UX330UAR with no warranty . After 20 days when i restart laptop it didn't start sign in option comes and screen goes black... I tried updating graphic driver... But nothing solve this problem..... Then i Reset and Install Windows again..........
  7. Microsoft apps and audio not working after graphics card broke

Microsoft apps and audio not working after graphics card broke: When/How the problem happened Weeks ago my PC seemingly broke, I had to plug my monitor into my motherboard and then boot it in safe mode with networking to be able to use it. After all the help from AMD support they could give me I realised my GPU had definitely broken, so...
  8. Graphics card not working

Graphics card not working: Computer Parts Motherboard: Prime x470 pro Power Supply: Powerspec 550W, 80+ Bronze Cpu: Ryzen 5 2400g /w Vega 11 Integrated Graphics Gpu: Amd rx 580 8gb 2 Ram Slots corsair veng. 8gb each I have done a full malware scan, Made sure my HDMI is plugged into my graphics card and...
  9. Graphics card not working

Graphics card not working: So I just recently got a new graphics card I put it in perfectly and connected the cord that powers it and when I boot the PC on the fan starts to work and everything but the graphics card doesn't install or show anywhere on my PC like windows isn't detecting it and it...
  10. Graphics card now or later?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card now or later?: So got paid not too long ago and was wondering If I should get a GTX 1070 now or wait till the end of next month to buy a 1080? Still don't have a case and haven't had one since my last one smoked up with the wires melting (had that returned with my money back in my hand),...