Windows 10: my graphics card driver wont install *error code 43*

Discus and support my graphics card driver wont install *error code 43* in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft community, today i received my brand new graphics card msi rx 550 2gb lp and i installed it in the motherboard and i downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HAMZAF1, Nov 23, 2020.

1. HAMZAF1 Win User

my graphics card driver wont install *error code 43*

Hello Microsoft community,

today i received my brand new graphics card msi rx 550 2gb lp and i installed it in the motherboard and i downloaded the latest driver version and it wont work, i uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version but nothing happened, i have latest update for my windows

could you please help i'm fighting with this issue over 6 hours my graphics card driver wont install *error code 43* 95a1a7db-b389-498a-9188-64a9572959e7?upload=true.png my graphics card driver wont install *error code 43* e1036b98-0197-48cf-af58-95e2dcec3098?upload=true.png

:)

HAMZAF1, Nov 23, 2020
  2. niklashm Win User

Graphics card error code 43

Hello!
    I got the following driver error with my graphics card: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)" - causing horizontal white stripes on the screen and lowered resolution (800x600).

I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan Black, and I've tried a number of solutions - without any luck.

• Uninstalled the driver (also using DDU)
    • ...reinstalled newer versions
    • ...and installed older drivers
    • Disconnected power cable, waited and reconnected
    • Checked all interior cables
    • Air dusted the interior
    • Tried most of the Windows diagnostics/troubleshooting tools
    • Did a system restore
    Any tips are appreciated! Though I do start to suspect the the graphic card is faulty...

niklashm, Nov 23, 2020
  3. injaneb Win User
    Fix error 43 on nvidia graphic cards

There are lots of posts on the internet regarding to this issue. mostly addressing you to uninstall the graphic driver and reinstall it. sometimes it will work most of the times it wont.
    some people suggest that error 43 means that the graphic card is dead or it is showing the symptoms that it will die soon. but as you still see your OS on the screen it means that the graphic card is still working.
    In my case i have 2 Geforce 765m on my laptop. one day when i turn my laptop on, i saw that the SLI were not working because of the cards responded with some kind of hardware failure to windows and windows dealt with it by showing me the nasty error 43. I tried many suggestions including reinstalling the driver. changing graphic card slot and ... none of them worked.
    what i did was that i copy the video card bios from the card that works fine and flash it on the troubled one using Nvflash.
    did a restart and it works.
    I believe if you see error 43 on your graphic card and get no result by trying the usual reinstall the driver solution, do not quit on your graphic card. find a card the same as yours. copy the bios from it and flash it on your card.
    first make a back up rom from your current bios.

if you have a working video card right now be sure to make a copy of your V-bios right now. you might need it in future.

injaneb, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Error code 43 for NVidia graphics driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you receive an error code 43 for the NVidia Graphics Driver in Device Manager. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

Ideally, the recommended resolution for the error code 43 is to reinstall the Graphics driver, as you have already tried reinstalling the drivers, let us try doing a clean installation of Graphics driver and see if that helps.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit
      Enter.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on the NVidia driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall
    7. Do not restart the PC

Download the latest drivers for the graphics card from NVidia
    website
    , once you download the drivers perform a clean install of drivers by following the steps mentioned below

1. Navigate to the location where the driver is downloaded (Usually it should be in the
      Downloads folder).
    2. Double-click on the driver to
      run it.
    3. Click on OK to start extracting the driver packages.
    4. Accept the License agreement and proceed further.
    5. Under Install options select
      Custom (Advanced)
      and click on Next
    6. Check the box next to
      Perform clean install and click on Next
    7. Follow the onscreen instructions

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. my graphics card driver wont install *error code 43* - Similar Threads - graphics card driver

2. Graphics Driver Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Driver Code 43: Hello Guys, I have an ASUS Rog Gl553VE with 16 gb ram and 1050Ti mobile graphics card.I use my laptop almost 24 hours sometimes, and I was busy in papers last few couple of days. In those days, my laptop once stopped working, the lights are getting on for 1 second and after...
  3. How to fix error code 43 for my nvidia graphics card.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix error code 43 for my nvidia graphics card.: submitted by /u/Venkat_Jighnesh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsc55z/how_to_fix_error_code_43_for_my_nvidia_graphics/
  4. Error code 43 on 3070 graphics card

Error code 43 on 3070 graphics card: I have an error with code 43 on my 3070 graphics card. I think the reason is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 which I have installed recently from Microsoft store. I'm not sure but it started next time I turned my PC on after the installation. I tried several versions of...
  5. Error code 43 for NVidia graphics driver

Error code 43 for NVidia graphics driver: I recently bought a prebuilt ABS Mage computer with the NVIDIA Graphics card included. I set up the computer and downloaded a few games to play. Initially the first hour of game play was fine. I turned computer off went to bed, came back the next day and Windows is...
  6. windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43): It is doing multiple different things out of the ordinary as well though. It is now offering me the sleep option in the drop down menu; just Hibernate, shut off, and restart. But I tried to run a game off of steam and it was running extremely poor so I started looking at...
  7. Error code: 43 in Device Manager for Graphics driver

Error code: 43 in Device Manager for Graphics driver: My pc is an HP Pavilion 15 and the graphics drivers are AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics and AMD Radeon(TM) R8 M445DX. Yes, I've tried installing the drivers through the amd and doesn't work, tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them but keep getting error/code 43. the only...
  8. Graphics card error code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card error code 43: Hello! I got the following driver error with my graphics card: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)" - causing horizontal white stripes on the screen and lowered resolution (800x600). I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan Black, and I've...
  9. Error 43, problems with graphics card

Error 43, problems with graphics card: I have recently finished building my gaming PC and have got an 'Asus GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix graphics card' and my computer seems to be running alright but not as well as i'd hoped. I noticed that in device manager there was a little exclamation mark next to my graphics card...
  10. Graphics Card Error 43

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics Card Error 43: i previously had a issue thaat i couldnt start up my pc and know i fix it and know when i go to device manager My Gtx 660 Has a 43 Error i treid updating the driver but it doesnt update it....