Windows 10: My graphics card gave me an error code 39 after installing updates

Discus and support My graphics card gave me an error code 39 after installing updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, yesterday I found out that there is a bug with Windows 10 confirmed by NSA, and they said I had to install the new patches. And so I did. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ExtremulFabian, Jan 16, 2020.

1. My graphics card gave me an error code 39 after installing updates

So, yesterday I found out that there is a bug with Windows 10 confirmed by NSA, and they said I had to install the new patches. And so I did. After that, I shut down my PC and came back on the next day. When I try to open a steam game, it says "This game requires OpenGL 2.0 or greater to run. Current version: [1.1.0]. Please try updating your graphics drivers.

So I open DirectX Diagnostic Tool to see what is wrong, and at the "Notes" space it says "There is a problem with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 39"

Before doing the update, everything worked fine. How do I fix this? Thanks!

:)

ExtremulFabian, Jan 16, 2020

2. Issue Updating Intel Graphics Card. Error Code: 39.

Error code 39 when attempting to update video driver with Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 17 N7010?

***Changed Original Title From: Error Code 39 re Intel HD Graphics***

FrankLoVerde, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Issue Updating Intel Graphics Card. Error Code: 39.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you. I researched on the thread and found that
    Dell Inspiron 17 N7010 is not compatible with Windows 10 and you can check it from the manufacturer site:
    Support for Inspiron 17 N7010. You can click on the drop-down list of
    Operating System from the above link and the only compatible
    Operating Systems
    are Windows 7, 64-bit and Windows Vista, 64-bit.

So, if Windows 10 is not compatible with your computer, then there will be no drivers available for your computer.

If you still want to try to fix this issue, then follow the below methods and check if this helps; however, we cannot guarantee that this issue will be fixed as your computer is not compatible with Windows 10 and there are no Graphics Card Drivers available.

Method 1: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

I suggest you to refer the section Code 39 "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware... (Code 39)." from
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows and check if this helps.

Method 2: Install Drivers In Compatibility Mode.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu > Type
    Dxdiag > Hit Enter.

Step 2: Click on the Display tab > Check the name of the Graphics Card on your computer.

Step 3: Once you get the name of the Graphics Card that is installed on your computer, go to
    Support for Inspiron 17 N7010 > Select
    Windows 7, 64-bit from the drop-down list of Operating System > Select
    Video from Category drop-down > Download the driver that you saw in
    Display tab from Dxdiag.

Step 4: Then, go to Device Manager and uninstall all the drivers from
    Display Adapters and restart the computer once.

Step 5: Right-click on the driver setup that you downloaded > select
    Properties > Select the Compatibility tab >
    Choose Troubleshoot Program
    > Check the option The program worked in earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now.

Step 6: Then, choose Windows 7 for Which version of Windows did this program work on before? > Click on
    Next > Then, follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

My graphics card gave me an error code 39 after installing updates

All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-39

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

My graphics card gave me an error code 39 after installing updates

1. My graphics card gave me an error code 39 after installing updates - Similar Threads - graphics card gave

2. Graphic Card corrupted Error 39

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card corrupted Error 39: Hello Microsoft , I was doing a System Restore last night then when I was done with restore , My graphic card driver badly got corrupted . The things went wrong when I done another system restore to resolve issue but it got failed and I don't have restore point now . I was...
  3. Graphic Card corrupted Error 39

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic Card corrupted Error 39: Hello Microsoft , I was doing a System Restore last night then when I was done with restore , My graphic card driver badly got corrupted . The things went wrong when I done another system restore to resolve issue but it got failed and I don't have restore point now . I was...
  4. Graphic Card corrupted Error 39

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error code 39

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error code 39: My computer lost sound when the driver updated.I tried reinstalling and and other solutions I found on youtube.please help me. my current situation is given below [ATTACH]...
  6. Code 39

in Windows 10 Customization
    Code 39: Hi, My Audio is not working, it says code 39 and so far everything I have tried hasn't helped. Thanks for any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-39/d0da6429-b38d-4e86-b51a-30e366d820a6
  7. Issue Updating Intel Graphics Card. Error Code: 39.

Issue Updating Intel Graphics Card. Error Code: 39.: Error code 39 when attempting to update video driver with Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 17 N7010? ***Changed Original Title From: Error Code 39 re Intel HD Graphics***...
  8. Error Code 39 re Intel HD Graphics

Error Code 39 re Intel HD Graphics: Error code 39 when attempting to update video driver with Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 17 N7010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-39-re-intel-hd-graphics/cb8fc05e-d0b1-4384-9945-8b8897f2d63e
  9. Intel(R) HD Graphics card and Windows 10 (CODE 39)

Intel(R) HD Graphics card and Windows 10 (CODE 39): Recent Win 10 update changed my resolution. I have a Lenovo H320 Ci5-650 with an MTM: 4041 1GU. Windows update runs a generic identifier for my graphics card and I am unable to improve the resolution. Lenovo no longer offers driver updates. Can I upgrade my Graphics Card?...
  10. Error code 39

Error code 39: Hello, so recently i was deleting some bad registry entries and folder from suspicious stuff which helped my pc greatly,but as i restarted the system and loged in i saw an error with my cpu (drivers). As i run numerous times the microsoft troubleshooters i saw that the error...
Tags: