Windows 10: My graphics card is acting strangely

Discus and support My graphics card is acting strangely in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB plugged into a pretty old Inspiron 660, but it's acting strangely. whenever I start my computer if I have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by HappyPants, Dec 8, 2019.

1. My graphics card is acting strangely

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB plugged into a pretty old Inspiron 660, but it's acting strangely.

whenever I start my computer if I have my monitors plugged into my graphics card the computer won't boot and instead just angerly beeps at me.

also, my main monitor, which is plugged in via HDMI, keeps going black all the time and sometimes textures have som slight "red noise" on them. like the typical black and white noise, you'd see on old TVs but very small.

I don't know what is...

My graphics card is acting strangely

HappyPants, Dec 8, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 8, 2019
  4. My graphics card is acting strangely

graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

My graphics card is acting strangely

1. My graphics card is acting strangely - Similar Threads - graphics card acting

2. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  3. My keyboard is acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting strange: An hour ago at random my keyboard started acting strangely. When I go to type anything by hitting a key random and odd letter paper behind it for example : 7byp 8u[n 9o]m 9o]m 9o]m. And this is done on its own...
  4. Display acting strange

Display acting strange: I’m not sure what these lines mean, if anyone can help that’d be really nice, before i reset I tried changing drivers and it did not work. The lines do not appear in bios though....
  5. Why is my Graphics card acting weird all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why is my Graphics card acting weird all of a sudden: i recently bought a new gaming computer. it had a core i5-7400 and an AMD Radeon rx 580 armor graphics card. It was fine, cpu was doing good, gpu, ram, etc. and i recently bought gta 5 and have been playing it a LOT. I insialled CPUID HWMonitor to monitor the temps when i...
  6. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  7. Strange graphics card behaviour

Strange graphics card behaviour: I recently changed my case and since then I have been having issues with my graphics card...specifically that after the bios boot screen I get a 'No signal' message on my TV. I have an RTX 2070 Super. I tried uninstalling the drivers and then I could boot into windows on...
  8. Strange problem with Nvidia GT710 graphics card.

Strange problem with Nvidia GT710 graphics card.: Hi folks, I have a strange problem with an Nvidia GT 710 GPU. I am running windows 10 64 bit 1903, when I start my music applications just after a restart everything just works fine, but maybe after three times running the music applications the font errors on the plugins...
  9. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

DVD IS ACTING STRANGE: HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND...
  10. Help to troubleshoot a strange graphic card problem

Help to troubleshoot a strange graphic card problem: Hello Some window panel are not displayed when driven by a graphic card but they will be when drive by another one My English and technical skills not perfect so I will describe my problem On my PC, I got 2 graphic cards that are driving 4 LCD - Nvidis GEForce GT630...