Windows 10: My Graphics Card Stopped working after I updated windows 10

Discus and support My Graphics Card Stopped working after I updated windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; on 12/19/19 i updated windows and after about a hefty 7 hours of updating and a few restarts i launched my laptop back up and started up one of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by awsometwat12212y, Dec 20, 2019.

1. My Graphics Card Stopped working after I updated windows 10

on 12/19/19 i updated windows and after about a hefty 7 hours of updating and a few restarts i launched my laptop back up and started up one of my games. It was running relitivly slow so i check settings and it tells you how much space you are using in graphics and it said out of 0MB and didnt detect my NVidia GTX 1070

i check in System Devices and i coupnt fond my 1070 any where.

:)

awsometwat12212y, Dec 20, 2019

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 20, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 20, 2019
  4. My Graphics Card Stopped working after I updated windows 10

Nvidia Graphics Card and Program Files, Nothing working after Upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Yes, even if Microsoft Edge doesn't support plugins you can use Internet Explorer to do so.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and then try to update graphics card.

Method 1: Update Graphics Card

Follow the steps below.

Device Manager.
    • Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Graphics card and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart your system
    Method 2: Uninstall and then re-install Graphics Card

Follow the steps below.

Device Manager.
    • Expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Graphics card and select
      Uninstall.
    • Once, you have uninstalled the driver do not restart, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest Graphics Card Driver.
    • Double-click (run) and install the driver setup file.
    • Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

My Graphics Card Stopped working after I updated windows 10

1. My Graphics Card Stopped working after I updated windows 10 - Similar Threads - Graphics Card Stopped

2. Graphics Card stopped working after update and upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card stopped working after update and upgrade to Windows 11: So this problem started out a while ago already, i'm talking 5-6 months.At first, with Windows 10 on this device, where after an update my NVIDIA GTX1050 just stopped working on this laptop. This meant that I couldn't use a second monitor anymore. Strangely enough every time...
  3. Graphics Card stopped working after update and upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Card stopped working after update and upgrade to Windows 11: So this problem started out a while ago already, i'm talking 5-6 months.At first, with Windows 10 on this device, where after an update my NVIDIA GTX1050 just stopped working on this laptop. This meant that I couldn't use a second monitor anymore. Strangely enough every time...
  4. Dedicated graphics card has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated graphics card has stopped working: Yesterday I was using my computer as normal, when the screen suddenly froze for a few seconds before before showing a BSOD, with error message VIEDO_TDR_FAILURE. Annoying, but nothing all that bad. However, when the computer then started up again, I noted that the Nvidia...
  5. My Graphic card stopped working after reinstalling window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Graphic card stopped working after reinstalling window.: First of all everyone please ignore my bad English!My pc was not working fine so I reinstalled window and now my graphic card not working like the fan is working but giving no display I put the cable into default pc card then the pc started and when I checked the graphic card...
  6. My Graphic card stopped working after reinstalling window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Graphic card stopped working after reinstalling window.: First of all everyone please ignore my bad English!My pc was not working fine so I reinstalled window and now my graphic card not working like the fan is working but giving no display I put the cable into default pc card then the pc started and when I checked the graphic card...
  7. My Graphic card stopped working after reinstalling window.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to stop Windows 10 downloading graphics card drivers for my previous graphics card...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows 10 downloading graphics card drivers for my previous graphics card...: I changed from Nvidia graphics card to AMD. Windows 10 still seems to believe, that I have Nvidia graphics card installed, as Windows 10 keeps on installing the driver.I've tried so far:1. Check everything in Device Manager: Nothing found2. Windows Update settings doesnt...
  9. Graphics card stopped working after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card stopped working after Windows Update.: A little while ago I had an automated Windows update and when I logged back on after the update my graphics (Radeon RX 460 4GB) stopped working. I was moving shortly after so it wasn't a very high priority but now that I'm settled in I wanted to get back to using my pc and...
  10. Graphic Card Problems after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic Card Problems after updating Windows 10: Hi, a couple days ago I just installed windows 10 recommended update(KB4025339) after that while running new games like Overwatch but I can run Team Fortress 2 with default 1024x720 screen resolution which is wrong. In apps like blender, I receive errors about not having...