Windows 10: My GT 240 blacks out and BSODs during intense gaming sessions

Discus and support My GT 240 blacks out and BSODs during intense gaming sessions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; All updated to the latest W10 (19042.928). I dont know if this should go in the BSOD section or here, as this involves the GPU (GeForce GT 240). This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by TTSVids105, May 4, 2021.

1. My GT 240 blacks out and BSODs during intense gaming sessions

All updated to the latest W10 (19042.928). I dont know if this should go in the BSOD section or here, as this involves the GPU (GeForce GT 240). This has happened twice now, yesterday and today (as of posting this), and Im now worried about the condition of my 240 (picked up on the 27th to finish the build) Bluescreenview reports the DirectX graphics kernel, dxgmms, and the Nvidia driver (updated to 342.1 as its the last version to support this specific card). - - - Updated - - - Oh, and Im aware Tesla 2.0 cards arent actually supported on 10, but Nvidias website says 342.01 (the driver I have) supports 10. Should I roll back to 342.00 (only has 8, 7 and Vista support), try and exchange the card (picked it up from brick and mortar) or refrain from heavy gaming until I can get a newer GPU (restricting its use to a temporary display adapter)? (The next-best GPU is an RX 580 and a 1060, or a 750 Ti, and theyre severely marked up...)

:)

TTSVids105, May 4, 2021

2. My GT 240 blacks out and BSODs during intense gaming sessions

The gt 240 is not suitable for modern games,the start point is now around the 900+ series.
    Also the psu with a nominal 550w is marginal,for modern gaming purposes then a minimum of 750w is a more beneficial option.
    Brunei is not the only country where pricing has gone mad,thanks to Wuflu.

joeandmarg0, May 4, 2021
  3. My GT 240 blacks out and BSODs during intense gaming sessions

All updated to the latest W10 (19042.928). I don’t know if this should go in the BSOD section or here, as this involves the GPU (GeForce GT 240).

This has happened twice now, yesterday and today (as of posting this), and I’m now worried about the condition of my 240 (picked up on the 27th to finish the build)

Bluescreenview reports the DirectX graphics kernel, dxgmms, and the Nvidia driver (updated to 342.1 as it’s the last version to support this specific card).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I’m aware Tesla 2.0 cards aren’t actually supported on 10, but Nvidia’s website says 342.01 (the driver I have) supports 10. Should I roll back to 342.00 (only has 8, 7 and Vista support), try and exchange the card (picked it up from brick and mortar) or refrain from heavy gaming until I can get a newer GPU (restricting its use to a temporary display adapter)? (The next-best GPU is an RX 580 and a 1060, or a 750 Ti, and they’re severely marked up...)

TTSVids105, May 4, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

My GT 240 blacks out and BSODs during intense gaming sessions

Does a GT 240 (vintage 2009) meet the graphics requirements of the game you're running, at 1920 X 1080? It's a rather weak card, by current standards, and it has only 1GB of VRAM.

I wonder what kind of used market is available where you are? eBay in the USA has a number of old cards that are superior to the GT 240, at prices that are more tolerable than those of the last generation or two. (I have an old Radeon HD 7970, for example. It's worth maybe $50 currently. I believe that AMD's latest drivers support it.)

bobkn, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. My GT 240 blacks out and BSODs during intense gaming sessions - Similar Threads - 240 blacks BSODs

2. dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions: For the past 4 weeks I am now hit with the dreaded dwm.exe crash. If I do any gaming at all my screens go black and sometimes my fans go up to high RPM. I can still hear music in background so the dwm.exe crashes and doesnt do anything requiring a full restart.Checking...
  3. dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions: For the past 4 weeks I am now hit with the dreaded dwm.exe crash. If I do any gaming at all my screens go black and sometimes my fans go up to high RPM. I can still hear music in background so the dwm.exe crashes and doesnt do anything requiring a full restart.Checking...
  4. BSOD when intense gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when intense gaming: I'm getting a blue screen when I play games, only happens if it's intensive, but sometimes it's happened only a few minutes after starting a game. It's been plaguing me for a while, and Windows only seems to have created 1 minidump file, every time I get a blue screen after I...
  5. BSOD when intense gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when intense gaming: I'm getting a blue screen when I play games, only happens if it's intensive, but sometimes it's happened only a few minutes after starting a game. It's been plaguing me for a while, and Windows only seems to have created 1 minidump file, every time I get a blue screen after I...
  6. BSOD During Long Gaming Sessions

BSOD During Long Gaming Sessions: Has only happened twice. Logs: DESKTOP-ADRAED7-(2021-07-11_18-24-05).zip - Google Drive 182399
  7. Unexpected Store Exception BSOD during gaming sessions

Unexpected Store Exception BSOD during gaming sessions: I've been experiencing constant BSODs whenever I am gaming. I've checked my drive using chkdsk and sfc but had no luck doing so. There were no errors detected and corrupt files were automatically repaired. I also tried using driver verifier and to my surprise, I detected a...
  8. BSOD for most intensive games

BSOD for most intensive games: The error code for the BSOD on Windows 10 changes. It is almost never the same each time it comes up. Games like Hitman: Absolution, LoL, and CSGO often make my computer crash in the middle of the game and lead to a BSOD. I've gotten things from codes involving memory, to...
  9. BSOD During Online Gaming Session.

BSOD During Online Gaming Session.: Hello Tenforums: The BSOD happened during a few hour gaming session in GTA Online. The BSOD showed "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" and then hung at 100% before I forced the machine to shut down after a lengthy wait. The only two leads are that I have are that there is...
  10. NVIDIA GT 240 not holding his settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA GT 240 not holding his settings: NVIDIA GT 240 Is not holding his settings in Windows 10 after reboot. Latest drivers are installed 28522