Windows 10: My hard drive crashed and now I have to replace it. What do I do with all my software?

Discus and support My hard drive crashed and now I have to replace it. What do I do with all my software? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I literally just downloaded Micrsoft Office Home and Office 2 days ago. Today, my hard drive completely died in my Dell laptop, so I am going to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MistyAckerman, Mar 4, 2019.

1. My hard drive crashed and now I have to replace it. What do I do with all my software?

I literally just downloaded Micrsoft Office Home and Office 2 days ago. Today, my hard drive completely died in my Dell laptop, so I am going to have to replace the hard drive. The thing is, the hard drives don't come with Windows 10 on them. So, can I transfer my windows 10 certification to the new hard drive and will it allow me to install Microsoft office to the new hard drive? I cannot access my laptop at all to uninstall or get my product key for Windows 10 (it was automatically installed by Windows 3 years ago when it was a free upgrade). I really don't know what to do after I replace my hard drive.

:)

MistyAckerman, Mar 4, 2019

2. Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 4, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Replacing windows 10 after hard drive crash

Nope - no worries. If the only thing you're replacing is the hard drive, then your computer is still activated.

When you say your hard drive crashed ... did it physically crash? Control arms broke, smoke coming out of the computer, that sort of thing?

If Windows itself crashed - blue screen error - you may not have to re-install Windows.

BulldogXX, Mar 4, 2019
  4. badrobot Win User

My hard drive crashed and now I have to replace it. What do I do with all my software?

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. My hard drive crashed and now I have to replace it. What do I do with all my software? :)

badrobot, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

My hard drive crashed and now I have to replace it. What do I do with all my software?

1. My hard drive crashed and now I have to replace it. What do I do with all my software? - Similar Threads - hard drive crashed

2. If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?: My hard drive just died and my windows key doesn't work do I need a new one or how does this work? I have all components the same but my 2 tb died WITH windows installed. Thanks Dallas...
  3. If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?: My hard drive just died and my windows key doesn't work do I need a new one or how does this work? I have all components the same but my 2 tb died WITH windows installed. Thanks Dallas...
  4. If my hard drive dies with windows what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. i have my camara hook up, what do i do now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have my camara hook up, what do i do now: i have my camara hookup,what do i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-camara-hook-up-what-do-i-do-now/a4de7bff-1138-4e31-a04b-80138de4fa19
  6. i have my camara hook up, what do i do now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have my camara hook up, what do i do now: i have my camara hookup,what do i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-camara-hook-up-what-do-i-do-now/a4de7bff-1138-4e31-a04b-80138de4fa19
  7. i have my camara hook up, what do i do now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. my computer scammed what do I do now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer scammed what do I do now: computer has been scamed what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-scammed-what-do-i-do-now/aefcbc75-8029-4b4c-ae7b-0e17d8146a1b"
  9. My laptop was stolen what do I do now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop was stolen what do I do now: My laptop was stolen today if I always delete everything including passwords forms I disabled this and used disc cleaner, delete temp files using run temp delete scan for malware, will the thief can still get the information I have type in all the sites I have visited when I...
  10. My One Drive is not syncing continuously. All the folders are clicked. What do I have do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My One Drive is not syncing continuously. All the folders are clicked. What do I have do?: My One Drive is not syncing continuously. All the folders are clicked. What do I have do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-one-drive-is-not-syncing-continuously-all-the/fb823e3c-ebdf-44e1-9015-8692b366d342

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd crashed now what do i do?