Windows 10: My hard drive crashed. How can I get my previously loaded Windows 10 free upgrade back?

Discus and support My hard drive crashed. How can I get my previously loaded Windows 10 free upgrade back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased the Dell laptop loaded with Windows 7. I went through the free upgrade to Windows 10. Then my hard drive crashed. Apparently, my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kathy on Dell Laptop, Nov 3, 2019.

1. My hard drive crashed. How can I get my previously loaded Windows 10 free upgrade back?

I purchased the Dell laptop loaded with Windows 7. I went through the free upgrade to Windows 10. Then my hard drive crashed. Apparently, my new hard drive is loaded with an expiring version of Windows 10. How can I get back my previous free upgrade??

Thanks.

"Kathy on Dell Laptop"

:)

Kathy on Dell Laptop, Nov 3, 2019

2. Hard drive crash and reload Windows 10

My hard drive crashed and I need to load Windows 10 on the new drive. How do I go about this as I upgraded from windows 7 electronically.

BigBlueWolf99, Nov 3, 2019
  3. little cat, Nov 3, 2019
  4. My hard drive crashed. How can I get my previously loaded Windows 10 free upgrade back?

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

My hard drive crashed. How can I get my previously loaded Windows 10 free upgrade back?

1. My hard drive crashed. How can I get my previously loaded Windows 10 free upgrade back? - Similar Threads - hard drive crashed

2. How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?: I was trying to update to windows 11. I was trying to switch from legacy to UEFI. Now my computer is stuck in a bios loop. The only thing showing in my boot sequence is windows boot manager. I think I just need my other drives to boot and I will be alright, but I have no idea...
  3. How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?: I was trying to update to windows 11. I was trying to switch from legacy to UEFI. Now my computer is stuck in a bios loop. The only thing showing in my boot sequence is windows boot manager. I think I just need my other drives to boot and I will be alright, but I have no idea...
  4. How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash: My computer came with Windows 7 installed. My copy of the Windows 7 from HP is damaged. A fresh Windows 7 does not have the drivers needed. It will not talk with the Internet. I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free where all the hardware works. How can I get back to Windows10...
  6. How can I get back my Windows 10 after hard disk crash

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I get back my Windows 10 after hard disk crash: Hello, The hard disk of my Lenovo laptop crashed and I had to change it. How do I get back the Windows 10 OS that came with the laptop? Kindly help with simple to follow steps. Thanks....
  7. How can I get my files back that are not showing up on this hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get my files back that are not showing up on this hard drive?: [ATTACH] I had posted here but then forgot I did and didn't come back to post so it got archived(see thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d61kpe/can_you_make_an_external_hdd_into_an_internal/). I have this external that my friend took out of the casing...
  8. hard drive crashed how to i get windows back

hard drive crashed how to i get windows back: Hard drive crashed, bought a new drive to replace it do I have to buy Windows 10 again? it was installed on the laptop when I bought it and I don;t know where any of the activation codes are now2.5 years later...
  9. Can I upgrade my hard drive with my Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I upgrade my hard drive with my Windows 10 license?: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 that came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 on a 1TB HD. I upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period. Now I'd like to upgrade my computer with a 2TB HD by cloning it to the new drive but I'm not sure if I'm able to with my...
  10. How can I get my free Windows 10 Home back

How can I get my free Windows 10 Home back: I received a free update to Microsoft 10 HOME EDITION round about 30 December 2017. My computer crashed a couple of months ago. It was repaired and now it seems as if I have Windows 10 Pro! I Discover it because I now get regular notices when I switch my laptop on to tell me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. had windows 10 pro. Hard drive crashed how do i get it back