Windows 10: My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

Discus and support My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. . Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1. can't activate pro. Says found digital license for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zzzk, Mar 17, 2020.

1. zzzk Win User

My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

Hello,

My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. . Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1. can't activate pro. Says found digital license for win 10 pro and the install also is win 10 pro. Tried troubleshooter, says upgrade? Why? Same version. I did it anyway, won't activate. Fix? Thank you.

:)

2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Mar 17, 2020
  4. My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

1. My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1.... - Similar Threads - hard drive crashed

2. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  3. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  4. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  5. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  6. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...
  7. Restoring backup from an external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring backup from an external drive: Hello everyone! So I recently backed up my hard drive to an external drive before reinstalling Windows 10. Now that I am backed up, how can I restore the data back to its original place on my hard drive? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/xnmvenom [link] [comments]...
  8. how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive

how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive: before installing window10 October update i create backup my window 10 1803 oprating system in my external hard drive. during installation of october update my pc failed install october update and my pc is not opening so i formate my pc.now i am using window 7. how can i...
  9. Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive: I'm upgrading my brothers PC from a decently bad OEM computer, but as recompense, I'm taking his 1 tb drive, and I want to transfer everything to a 320gb drive. However, the windows 10 on his computer is from the free upgrade promotion a while back, the computer originally...
  10. Restoring from external hard drive

Restoring from external hard drive: My old laptop became non-functional (bad motherboard), so I uninstalled my SSD hard drive and have been using it as an external hard drive. Now, I would like to install everything on this external hard drive including the OS and files onto a new laptop. How can I do this?...