Windows 10: My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

Discus and support My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. . Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1. can't activate pro. Says found digital license for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zzzk, Mar 17, 2020.

1. zzzk Win User

My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

Hello,

My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. . Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1. can't activate pro. Says found digital license for win 10 pro and the install also is win 10 pro. Tried troubleshooter, says upgrade? Why? Same version. I did it anyway, won't activate. Fix? Thank you.

:)

2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Mar 17, 2020
  4. My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

1. My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1.... - Similar Threads - hard drive crashed

2. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  3. Hard drive crash with no backup

Hard drive crash with no backup: Hard drive crash on PC with no backup. Do I need to buy a new license key for Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crash-with-no-backup/a8309843-ad58-4a8a-8580-9641a8fe07fa
  4. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  5. How to restore C: drive from backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore C: drive from backup?: Hello all. I need help restoring my W10 system. System was running fine and then all of a sudden, it goes to Auto Repair mode. That fails, repeatedly. I tried various solutions but none worked. I eventually decided to do reinstall of Windows using downloaded Windows...
  6. How to restore C: drive from backup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to restore C: drive from backup?: Hello all. I need help restoring my W10 system. System was running fine and then all of a sudden, it goes to Auto Repair mode. That fails, repeatedly. I tried various solutions but none worked. I eventually decided to do reinstall of Windows using downloaded Windows...
  7. how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive

how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive: before installing window10 October update i create backup my window 10 1803 oprating system in my external hard drive. during installation of october update my pc failed install october update and my pc is not opening so i formate my pc.now i am using window 7. how can i...
  8. Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive: I'm upgrading my brothers PC from a decently bad OEM computer, but as recompense, I'm taking his 1 tb drive, and I want to transfer everything to a 320gb drive. However, the windows 10 on his computer is from the free upgrade promotion a while back, the computer originally...
  9. Restoring from external hard drive

Restoring from external hard drive: My old laptop became non-functional (bad motherboard), so I uninstalled my SSD hard drive and have been using it as an external hard drive. Now, I would like to install everything on this external hard drive including the OS and files onto a new laptop. How can I do this?...
  10. Upgrading from Windows "8" ?

Upgrading from Windows "8" ?: Can you get the free upgrade to Windows 10 from the original Windows 8? Or is it only 7 and 8.1? 26006