Windows 10: My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows?

Discus and support My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, my hard drive failed and I wasn't able to back it up. Is there any way I can download windows without having to repurchase it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jjmix101, Sep 5, 2020.

1. My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows?

As the title says, my hard drive failed and I wasn't able to back it up. Is there any way I can download windows without having to repurchase it?

submitted by /u/jjmix101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jjmix101, Sep 5, 2020
  2. little cat, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows?

1. My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows? - Similar Threads - hard drive failed

2. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover my files on old hard drive?: I installed a new SSd drive but left the original one in to use also. The original one has Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 on the SSD drive and had selected new install and the correct drive. After installing I can't get any of my files off the second drive. It seems like...
  3. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover my files on old hard drive?: I installed a new SSd drive but left the original one in to use also. The original one has Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 on the SSD drive and had selected new install and the correct drive. After installing I can't get any of my files off the second drive. It seems like...
  4. How can I recover my Chrome passwords from my broken hard drive?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I recover my Chrome passwords from my broken hard drive?: My hard drive has bad sectors and I cannot boot from it, so Ive installed an SSD with Windows 10. Ive transferred my Chrome profile over to the SSD, but passwords havent been transferred!. I have synced my google chrome with the cloud, so the passwords are not in google. Is...
  5. window update locked my pc and can not recover hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window update locked my pc and can not recover hard drive: on 10-12-2020 window updates destroyed my pc. Lock up the bios and lock up my hard drive. Why does this happen ? every time this last 2 years your update have locked my pc. I have taken to best buy geek squad every time....
  6. How can I recover my thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I recover my thumb drive: Thumb drive used to work well before and then didn't use it for a while. But now that I insert it the machine doesn't detect any communication sound or error and I can't format it anyway....
  7. Can I enlarge my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I enlarge my hard drive?: Hello, I have an SSD with only 200 GB. I have seen that with Windows you can shrink the partitions. Can I then also enlarge them? To 300 GB or so? Kann ich meine Festplatte vergrößern?
  8. Can I recover data from my old IDE/SATA hard drives?

Can I recover data from my old IDE/SATA hard drives?: I have multiple hard drives from old computers that I am trying to recover data from. I have a USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE adapter. But, when I plug it in to my Windows 10 desktop and turn it on, the file explorer stops responding? It seems to freeze the whole desktop? How do I get...
  9. My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive

My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive: Ok Ive tried countless times to repair my main HDD, using all the command prompt stuff, auto repairs useless and Ive checked the log files, and it said it cant come to a conclusion on what the problem is. I booted up from my other SDD, and I can still open, and even move...
  10. My disk drive failed an I cannot recover my Windows 10 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My disk drive failed an I cannot recover my Windows 10 key: Hi the subject line says it all. I should have 2 windows 10 installs associated with my account One which I use every day that is on a HP laptop which is my work machine. The second one was on my gaming machine which I havent used in a while. I went to transfer the...