Windows 10: My hard drive failed with my OS on it (Windows10) and i dont know what to do.

Discus and support My hard drive failed with my OS on it (Windows10) and i dont know what to do. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a lenovo pc off microsoft in august and i began hearing loud grinding noises from the hdd which i know is a sign of its death. Before i could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leandro Cardenas, Feb 10, 2019.

1. My hard drive failed with my OS on it (Windows10) and i dont know what to do.

I bought a lenovo pc off microsoft in august and i began hearing loud grinding noises from the hdd which i know is a sign of its death. Before i could do anything i got error code 1962 - no OS found. So i tried accessing my BIOS but i could not so i just replaced the HDD which didnt fix anything as i still get the error code. I tried creating a windows installation media on an 8gb usb but it kept failing. I am currently ordering a new sata cable to see if that works but other than that im stuck. How do i fix this and how do i get windows 10 back and make my pc useable once again?

:)

Leandro Cardenas, Feb 10, 2019
  2. little cat, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Mechanical Hard Drive A:\

Proceed with the steps I gave you to test the hard drive to know for sure it's condition.

If it passes wipe it and try formatting as suggested. If it fails initializing as MBR then try GPT (for data).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 10, 2019
  4. My hard drive failed with my OS on it (Windows10) and i dont know what to do.

Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

My hard drive failed with my OS on it (Windows10) and i dont know what to do.

1. My hard drive failed with my OS on it (Windows10) and i dont know what to do. - Similar Threads - hard drive failed

2. My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do: Hi, Last night I was using my laptop with a mouse plugged in and realized after I unplugged the mouse that my touchpad is not working, I tried everything like resetting the touchpad settings, and I think I uninstalled the drivers right too. Im wondering what else I can do,...
  3. My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do: Hi, Last night I was using my laptop with a mouse plugged in and realized after I unplugged the mouse that my touchpad is not working, I tried everything like resetting the touchpad settings, and I think I uninstalled the drivers right too. Im wondering what else I can do,...
  4. I dont know what Mhz my ram is

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I dont know what Mhz my ram is: When i look in task manager it says 2667MHz but in my program that says all the computer things, it says its 1329MHzWhich one is true ? and is it worth it to get 32GB of ram of 2666 MHz i have 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1329MHz 19-19-19-43...
  5. I dont know what Mhz my ram is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know what Mhz my ram is: When i look in task manager it says 2667MHz but in my program that says all the computer things, it says its 1329MHzWhich one is true ? and is it worth it to get 32GB of ram of 2666 MHz i have 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1329MHz 19-19-19-43...
  6. I dont know what Mhz my ram is

7. i dont know what to do audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont know what to do audio problems: so i was messing around with settings to increase pc speed and i was disabling unwanted startups and by mistake i disabled my audio driver which made it so that now it shows "no audio output device available". then i looked up a youtube tutorial and it told me to uninstall...
  8. i dont know what to do audio problems

i dont know what to do audio problems: so i was messing around with settings to increase pc speed and i was disabling unwanted startups and by mistake i disabled my audio driver which made it so that now it shows "no audio output device available". then i looked up a youtube tutorial and it told me to uninstall...
  9. I dont know what to do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I dont know what to do.: I bought Windows 10 Home. Downloaded and installed it. Absolutely nothing changed. Cant personalize or anything like I bought it to do. Does it take a couple days to activate or do I have to get a refund and waste money on Windows 10 Pro because it says my Windows Edition is...
  10. Dont know what to do.. halp

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dont know what to do.. halp: Lately, My windows does not launch the configuration application (and everything that has to do with it, such as screen customization, etc.) and I already tried with the system restoration. And I do not know what to do. Halp submitted by /u/HimaConfetti [link] [comments]...