Windows 10: My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?...

Discus and support My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If opening a 13-month Certificate of Deposit at Univest and then selling my Dell Inspiron 7558 on eBay means fewer times Firefox freezes because of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thomasseymour18901, Aug 22, 2019.

1. My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?...

If opening a 13-month Certificate of Deposit at Univest and then selling my Dell Inspiron 7558 on eBay means fewer times Firefox freezes because of my hard drive being fragmented every day, I'll be happier with Windows 10 than I ever have been. Edge still lacks many of the features I love in any browser. My Dell Inspiron 7558 is over three years old. That's a little early to start thinking about replacing it over the next 13 months, and I'm sure I'll still be able to update all my apps and programs 13 months after today. I keep seeing Chromebook ads before YouTube videos, but I can't do without Windows 10 and its built-in apps. Maybe a 25-month Certificate of Deposit is better for me. When it comes to financial literacy and technology, I have a lot to learn. Finally, if this is not an on-topic question to post on Microsoft Answers, please forgive me. If it's better to walk into a bank and talk with them, tell me.

:)

thomasseymour18901, Aug 22, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Is 7% fragmented an acceptable level of hard drive fragmentation?

7% is beautiful, even excessive.

In the first place, defragmenting to zero is neither desirable nor does it make sense, because your hard drive will start fragmenting immediately after you're done.

In the second place, while defragmenting might have been a good idea about 10 years ago, hard drive technology has progressed mightily since then and fragmentation is no longer the issue it used to be.

Finally, the amount of time you will spend trying to defrag your hard drive to some extremely low level is a hundred thousand times longer than the time you will save by doing so.

A good thing to do is to conduct a web search for: is it necessary to defragment a hard drive

Quite illuminating.

BulldogXX, Aug 22, 2019
  3. SYSTEM - Hard Disk Drive Heavily Fragmented

I have a Drive named "SYSTEM" known under Media type as a Hard disk drive. It is 67% fragmented every time it is analyzed. I click on optimize and it goes through the process very quickly like 3 seconds and then says the drive is 33% fragmented. If
    I select analyze again it reverts back to 67% fragmented immediately. I've tried two 3rd party Defrag applications and both do not list the drive SYSTEM. Is this problem permanent and the only fix requires a new hard drive?

ArmandAustin, Aug 22, 2019
  4. My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?...

Reinstalling windows several times with fragmented hard drive failure?

I do not understand reviews you?

Currently my hard drive not fragmented. If I reinstall again window multiple times in a short time,my hard drive yes fragmented not?

Thank you.

LoanTruong, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?...

1. My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?... - Similar Threads - hard drive gets

2. My hard drive gets full periodically every few days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My hard drive gets full periodically every few days: I have an SSD hard drive of about 256GB. I try to keep about 20GB free.However, every few days Windows says I ran out of storage. I then restart my PC, and the drive returns to being 20GB free.Why does it happen? Is there anything I can do to restart the computer less?...
  3. My hard drive gets full periodically every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive gets full periodically every few days: I have an SSD hard drive of about 256GB. I try to keep about 20GB free.However, every few days Windows says I ran out of storage. I then restart my PC, and the drive returns to being 20GB free.Why does it happen? Is there anything I can do to restart the computer less?...
  4. My hard drive gets full periodically every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up: I'm sure this is a common issue as there's already lots of questions regarding it. However, none of the proposed solutions I found worked so far.Ever since a few months ago I ran into the issue that Windows 10 tries to scan and repair my C: Drive at every start up, but...
  6. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up: I'm sure this is a common issue as there's already lots of questions regarding it. However, none of the proposed solutions I found worked so far.Ever since a few months ago I ran into the issue that Windows 10 tries to scan and repair my C: Drive at every start up, but...
  7. BSoDs every 1-2 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoDs every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE just now and they all happened randomly. I didn't do anything before the BSoDs started happening, I've tried reinstalling...
  8. BSoD every 1-2 days

BSoD every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days while using my computer, it restarts and boots back immediately but it's getting annoying, minidump files and msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumN4IeuuOd9gy10p9mAVwwN1u7n?e=YEoMCf I didn't make any changes before and after the BSoDs started, i'm not...
  9. BSoD every 1-2 days.

BSoD every 1-2 days.: Hi, I've been getting lots of BSoDs recently. System was also stuttering a lot - audio and video drops. The stuttering problem seemed to have been caused by my joystick - a faulty connection I think. I've unplugged that and thought all was well until another BSoD this...
  10. Windows crashing 1-2 times a day

Windows crashing 1-2 times a day: My computer has been crashing daily for the past month. just during random times. sometimes when I an Surfing the Web, Writing an email or even when it is sleeping. The past details are just from today. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...