Windows 10: My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot.

Discus and support My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I get this specific error: This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US6,570,884, US6,115,776, and US6,327,625... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/healansonfiree, May 23, 2020.

1. My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot.

I get this specific error: This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents:

US6,570,884, US6,115,776, and US6,327,625

Realtek..........

I've researched about this error and people mostly say that the hard drive won't boot and the computer is trying to boot through network which can be caused by hard drive being faulty or it being loose (which mine isn't).

Is there a way I can solve this problem without buying a new hard drive?

submitted by /u/healansonfiree
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/healansonfiree, May 23, 2020
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot. [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot. [​IMG]

cobrasl, May 23, 2020
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - DE

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, May 23, 2020
  4. My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot.

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 23, 2020
Thema:

My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot.

1. My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive visible

2. Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11: I have a Dell Inspiron 3910 Desktop with a 2TB Seagate HDD ST2000DM008-2FR102 and an SSD. Windows boots from the SSD, and that works fine and as expected. The 2TB HDD is for data only.The HDD is no longer visible from Windows in any way I can think of, including:File...
  3. Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11: I have a Dell Inspiron 3910 Desktop with a 2TB Seagate HDD ST2000DM008-2FR102 and an SSD. Windows boots from the SSD, and that works fine and as expected. The 2TB HDD is for data only.The HDD is no longer visible from Windows in any way I can think of, including:File...
  4. My motherboard bios won't detect any hard drive or nvme

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My motherboard bios won't detect any hard drive or nvme: I recently bought a new motherboard and it won't detect any of my hard drive, I tried to switch to my hdd tried to bought a new nvme and it still won't detect it, the reason I switched motherboard is because my old motherboard had the same problem and I don't know if it's...
  5. PC won't boot, drive not visible after chkdsk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC won't boot, drive not visible after chkdsk: So I got a cheap 10tb drive, and decided to run a chkdsk /r /f on it. It estimated around 80 hours to completion, but it froze at about 18 hours remaining. I Ctrl-C'd it, and closed the command prompt window. I tried to re-mount / format it in computer management, but it...
  6. PC won't boot, drive not visible after chkdsk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot, drive not visible after chkdsk: So I got a cheap 10tb drive, and decided to run a chkdsk /r /f on it. It estimated around 80 hours to completion, but it froze at about 18 hours remaining. I Ctrl-C'd it, and closed the command prompt window. I tried to re-mount / format it in computer management, but it...
  7. PC won't boot, drive not visible after chkdsk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC recognizes hard drive but won't but boot it via BIOS (Asus)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC recognizes hard drive but won't but boot it via BIOS (Asus): Hi, I just wanted to start my PC but it doesn't recognize my hard drive. Instead, my BIOS does recognize my hard drive... I tried to boot it from there but after some seconds, I got back in the BIOS. This happened some times before this year but every time I was able to boot...
  9. external hard drive not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive not visible: I have acquired a disk caddy with the intention of using an old hard drive as a back-up drive but have found that although the arrangement works perfectly in my laptop it is totally invisible in my desktop. There is no ping when switched on and does not appear in device...
  10. External hard drive not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive not visible: Hi all, I have a 3TB external hard drive plugged in to my pc. I use it to stream movies and music to a couple of media players in the house via our wifi network. Recently it has disappeared from my view on the pc. When I plug it in via usb, nothing happens, yet when I plug...