Windows 10: My hard drive light continuously flashes as if it's searching

Discus and support My hard drive light continuously flashes as if it's searching in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hard drive light flashes continuously like it's searching for something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by franksoudek, Jul 18, 2019.

1. My hard drive light continuously flashes as if it's searching

hard drive light flashes continuously like it's searching for something

:)

franksoudek, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 18, 2019
  3. compiler7 Win User
    flash drive -- no light

I bought a new Sandisk Cruzer 64 gb flash drive. But the little light on it does not work (in any USB port on any computer). When I google this, all the articles talk about a failed flash drive. But the drive works perfectly. All my computers recognize
    the drive and files move smoothly between these devices. Any ideas how to get the little flash drive light working?

Mel

compiler7, Jul 18, 2019
  4. My hard drive light continuously flashes as if it's searching

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

My hard drive light continuously flashes as if it's searching

1. My hard drive light continuously flashes as if it's searching - Similar Threads - hard drive light

2. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  3. flashing charger light

flashing charger light: My Hp lapotp has had a flashing light since 6:00am on the 21-sep-20. i don't know what the problem is and need help fast THANKS! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-charger-light/c41c1bcf-2ea2-48f0-bb95-db2ef6c11845
  4. Why is hard drive light flashing constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is hard drive light flashing constantly: Why is hard drive light flashing constantly yet Task Manager reports 0% disk use. Sometime File Explorer freezes and reports not responding and if I try to shut down it doesn't yet doesn't say anything is preventing shutdown. I usually have to hold POWER button till it shuts...
  5. flash drive -- no light

flash drive -- no light: I bought a new Sandisk Cruzer 64 gb flash drive. But the little light on it does not work (in any USB port on any computer). When I google this, all the articles talk about a failed flash drive. But the drive works perfectly. All my computers recognize the drive and files...
  6. Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....

Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....: Is it safe to keep hard drives and flash drives connected all the time (Windows 10), even when shutting down everyday ... ? Or should I use the Eject feature to be safe ... ? 128834
  7. Hard Drive access light stays on

Hard Drive access light stays on: HDD light stays on windows and all programs are very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-access-light-stays-on/d872e741-5690-4163-8bfe-e4757bc52f4e
  8. red light flashing

red light flashing: my husband has a black screen all of a sudden and a red light flashing on front of laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/red-light-flashing/76112f15-faa6-4a6f-ab0a-247c91d16125
  9. Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not

Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not: My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops &...
  10. Problem with Flash Drives and My External Hard Drive

Problem with Flash Drives and My External Hard Drive: I apologize if this is not in the right forum, but I am having a problem with using flash drives and my external hard drive. While saving files (like doing a back up) my computer which is an HP Notebook, the system will just drop the drive and then will find it again, and...