Windows 10: My hard drive

Discus and support My hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently i decided to find out what type my drive is. On disk fragment it says i have a Hdd (Hard disk drive and in system information it says i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AwesomeKoneko88, Oct 24, 2020.

1. My hard drive

So recently i decided to find out what type my drive is. On disk fragment it says i have a Hdd (Hard disk drive and in system information it says i have a standard state drive. Also, last time i checked disk fragment it says i have a solid state drive, so i am confused. Anyway, thank you for the help!

submitted by /u/AwesomeKoneko88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AwesomeKoneko88, Oct 24, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 24, 2020
  3. little cat, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

My hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

My hard drive

1. My hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. Can't copy and paste files from one hard drive to another. Both drives are NTFS...... Error...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy and paste files from one hard drive to another. Both drives are NTFS...... Error...: The title basically explains everything going on here. I am trying to move my FL Studio files to a different drive because it is taking up all my space on my main SSD. I've been searching online all day for information about what is the issue and it seems all people have for...
  3. My windows file explorer crashes when I open an external hard drive.

My windows file explorer crashes when I open an external hard drive.: Hello everyone, I am using windows 10 and the external drive worked fine until yesterday, I didn't dropped it or anything it just suddenly stopped working on my laptop, it just crashes the file explorer. Some information that will probably be needed. The laptop works with...
  4. Setting Up External Hard Drive as a Flash Drive

Setting Up External Hard Drive as a Flash Drive: Someone gave me an old hard disk. I have an external hard drive enclosure. I put them together and plugged the external drive into my laptop. From Windows Explorer I can see the old hard disk. It has two partitions. F: and G:Recovery. The data is on the F: drive....
  5. Is there an easier/more efficient way to combine years of hard drive backups?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easier/more efficient way to combine years of hard drive backups?: This might be a stupid question, but I really have no experience in handling large amounts of files like this. I've been burned once where I thought I properly combined 2 backups, then later realized I'd lost an important chunk of my documents. Now I'm at a point where I have...
  6. SOME music files disappeared from hard drive.

SOME music files disappeared from hard drive.: I have Windows 10 and I listen to music on my laptop using iTunes. I have 2335 albums in my library and the other day I noticed, in iTunes, that some of my songs were missing designated in the iTunes display with a "!". I sorted by the "!" and discovered that 46 entire...
  7. Xbox game bar app Hard drives horrrible space usage/consumption

Xbox game bar app Hard drives horrrible space usage/consumption: Hello there, so am using the Xbox game bar app for screen recording videos from my pc screen. After the video is recorded, I move it to an external hard drive and delete a copy from C:\Users\dennis\Videos\Captures where it's saved by default. The Xbox game bar app is eating...
  8. Changing Hard drive and reinstall software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Hard drive and reinstall software: Hi, I want to update my hard drive to a newer faster model. I am told that I can register my microsoft software so that I don't have to repurchase it when I get the new hard drive and reinstall Office/Outlook. Is this correct if so how do I do it please?...
  9. Hard Drive imminent failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive imminent failure: So I got the hard drive imminent failure warning, it listed my hard drive but did not show my NVME. So anyways, thinking it was my hard drive failing, I decided to upgrade it to an ssd. I cloned the drive to my new ssd and restarted my computer. I am still getting the warning...
  10. How to get permission to remove a USB hard drive safely?

How to get permission to remove a USB hard drive safely?: This problem has recurred in various Windows systems since XP, occasionally solved temporarily and then reoccurring. When I click on the icon in the notification are to safely remove hardware, and select the USB bridge that has a hard drive connected, Windows denies...