Windows 10: My hard drive

Discus and support My hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently i decided to find out what type my drive is. On disk fragment it says i have a Hdd (Hard disk drive and in system information it says i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AwesomeKoneko88, Oct 24, 2020.

1. My hard drive

So recently i decided to find out what type my drive is. On disk fragment it says i have a Hdd (Hard disk drive and in system information it says i have a standard state drive. Also, last time i checked disk fragment it says i have a solid state drive, so i am confused. Anyway, thank you for the help!

submitted by /u/AwesomeKoneko88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AwesomeKoneko88, Oct 24, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 24, 2020
  3. little cat, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

My hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

My hard drive

1. My hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. Why is External Hard Drive filled to the brim with backups?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is External Hard Drive filled to the brim with backups?: I have a 2TB exernal hard drive, and I'm trying to figure out why it is filled to the brim. The biggest space-user appears to be a folder that is storing backups of my desktop computer. This big folder is named the same thing as my computer, and has four sub-folders that...
  3. if I reformat my hard drive with OS will it deactivate my windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    if I reformat my hard drive with OS will it deactivate my windows 10 key?: Hello, So I'm going to build a new computer and I'm gonna use my old ssd and reinstall windows 10 on it will I be able to use the same windows 10 key? or do I have to deactivate? or is it linked to my Hotmail account? submitted by /u/Grimthanez [link] [comments]...
  4. Hard drive test completed, but with read failure.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive test completed, but with read failure.: Hello everyone, for the past few days my computer has been acting very slow and the disk usage never goes over 50%. I ran a test using "GSmartControl" and it showed the results of the test as "Completed with read failure" I check another tool to be safe and the health of it...
  5. Internal Hard Drive Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Internal Hard Drive Password: Before logging on, It asks me the password for my Internal Hard Drive. or I will not be able to access data. I never set a password or even new I had a password for this.. How do I find out what the password is?? And how do I stop this thing from popping up??...
  6. Hard drive test completed, but with read failure.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive test completed, but with read failure.: Hello everyone, for the past few days my computer has been acting very slow and the disk usage never goes over 50%. I ran a test using "GSmartControl" and it showed the results of the test as "Completed with read failure" I check another tool to be safe and the health of it...
  7. What is the difference between RAM memory and Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the difference between RAM memory and Hard Drive?: [ATTACH]While every component in a PC has a role to play, today, we are […] This article What is the difference between RAM memory and Hard Drive? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash: I had to reload windows and rebuild my alienware laptop. fs 2020 is gone. I have reinstalled everything, and have gotten into "Microsoft games" and in my library it shows i have purchased fs 2020, but i cannot download it again.... help????...
  9. Noisy Continual operating hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noisy Continual operating hard drive windows 10: Hello Community: My Windows 10 Hard drive 1 yr old is working hard and is noisy. Hoping for some advice. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/noisy-continual-operating-hard-drive-windows-10/1ad418bf-bc11-419a-b04b-7f5c4c8f02ef
  10. Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10: Hi everyone, i've been having an issue lately with windows, it is showing a 100% usage of the hard drive, checked the hard drive is working perfectly fine, my laptop is almost brand new, no tasks or multiple websites open at the time, but tasks admin is always showing a 100%...