Windows 10: My hard drives keep disappearing

Discus and support My hard drives keep disappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since a few days ago, my D: and E: drives have started to disappear randomly. They reappear once again after a restart but then after a few minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sup3rDup3r, Sep 23, 2022.

1. My hard drives keep disappearing

Since a few days ago, my D: and E: drives have started to disappear randomly. They reappear once again after a restart but then after a few minutes, they disappear again. Every time i try opening a shortcut for an app stored on one of those drives, it comes up with this error message - "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'app name.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again."

:)

Sup3rDup3r, Sep 23, 2022

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 23, 2022
  3. little cat, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Mathragh Win User

My hard drives keep disappearing

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

My hard drives keep disappearing

1. My hard drives keep disappearing - Similar Threads - hard drives keep

2. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My hard drives keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drives keep disappearing: Since a few days ago, my D: and E: drives have started to disappear randomly. They reappear once again after a restart but then after a few minutes, they disappear again. Every time i try opening a shortcut for an app stored on one of those drives, it comes up with this error...
  6. My hard drives keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard drives keep disappearing: Since a few days ago, my D: and E: drives have started to disappear randomly. They reappear once again after a restart but then after a few minutes, they disappear again. Every time i try opening a shortcut for an app stored on one of those drives, it comes up with this error...
  7. Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive)

Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive): Hi, I have previously reported this issue & thought it was solved: - Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK However it continues! Anyone got any suggestions 179987
  8. Hard Drive Keeps Showing and Disappearing

Hard Drive Keeps Showing and Disappearing: My laptop Window 10 was dead suddenly and could not be restarted. When I turned it on again, it shows "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete". I waited for at least 10 hours, but nothing change. I removed the HGST hard drive E & F and see if I could...
  9. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  10. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...