Windows 10: my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when...

Discus and support my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to reinstall win 10 and also Office 365 on my systen look at office file in my account for PC is listed as DONPC . Need help in reloading my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DONALD MURRAY, Jan 14, 2021.

1. my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when...

I need to reinstall win 10 and also Office 365 on my systen look at office file in my account for PC is listed as DONPC . Need help in reloading my system.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

DONALD MURRAY, Jan 14, 2021
  2. jwb1965 Win User

win 10 upgrade crashes computer and will not load windows

PC Win7 64 bit. I tried to do Win 10 upgrade and not save files or apps. PC crashed during upgrade. I tried all the steps listed. It would not let me load image disks that I had made or the system repair disk. I tried to restore to factory setting.
    That didn't work. Now the computer tries to load windows but its tells me the computer was shut down improperly and restarts with the same message. It will not start in save mode.

jwb1965, Jan 14, 2021
  3. unable to activate after Harddrive crash and restore using another harddrive

I had a hard drive crashing after free upgrade from wondow7 to 10.

I tried and luckily, I was able to backup and restore the disk using safemode to another hard drive before it totally dead.

Now I am having problem to active this harddrive with window 10. Do I have to spend $200 to buy another window 10 lic to activate this desktop? or is there a way to re-activate this window10.

Thanks

yan

YanpingWang, Jan 14, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when...

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when... [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when...

1. my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when... - Similar Threads - harddrive crashed restore

2. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...: How do i reinstall 10 using the media creation tool without having to use a USB. ? and i type in windows 10 media creation toll and all i get is a bunch of videos how to do it. hHw do i get to the microsofts web site to find the windows 10 media creation tool? And i went to...
  3. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...: How do i reinstall 10 using the media creation tool without having to use a USB. ? and i type in windows 10 media creation toll and all i get is a bunch of videos how to do it. hHw do i get to the microsofts web site to find the windows 10 media creation tool? And i went to...
  4. i had Win 10 all up to date then something happen and had to back to Win 8. I put in to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version....: When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version. Where can I locate my code? I need to reinstall Windows 10 due to some computer issues and missing .dll files....
  6. I upgraded my edge browser manually and accidently deleted profile 1 which had all my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded my edge browser manually and accidently deleted profile 1 which had all my...: Help submitted by /u/Mach1Padilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy2kok/i_upgraded_my_edge_browser_manually_and/
  7. upgraded to a new harddrive. now had MEMORY_MANAGMENT BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    upgraded to a new harddrive. now had MEMORY_MANAGMENT BSOD: Hi y'all. Just had a crash with new OS/hardrive. Wondering if someone smarter than me with all this could give some insight. Cheers. W7F grab all attached.
  8. I had 2 disks and after re-installation i have 1

in Windows 10 Support
    I had 2 disks and after re-installation i have 1: So i had a bit of a curfunkle (watching youtube, editing apex legends file, bsod appears - SYSTEM_DRIVER_EXCEPTION and then a loop of BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO i think it was that) and i had to reinstall win10, and before i reinstalled it, i had 2 drives that the this pc menu...
  9. Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1: Is it possible to reset a computer which originally had Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10? I want it back to the way it was AFTER the upgrade, just as if it had been a new computer with Win 10 installed. I have backed up all data files (and have all software for...
  10. Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?: As topic says, friends laptop had Win 8 and he updated to Win 10. Now I wonder if he can install a clean Win 10 through USB with his Win 8 serialkey. 40889